Some help getting started with a simple use case

Hi, I’ve been looking over the V2 docs and looking for the best direction to take for an important project.  The docs and public code available is limited, so I thought I’d ask for a little push in the right direction.

Our company wishes to programatically schedule Zoom meetings with clients.  Our staff has zoom accounts already with our company domain name.  We will be coaching clients outside the company, many of whom have zoom accounts (outside our domain).  I would like to use the api to:

• Invite staff and clients to scheduled, non repeating meetings (always 1:1)
  • Be able to reschedule the meetings as needed
  • Record all of these meetings to a cloud file
  • Automatically download and archive the meetings (I would like to transcribe them as well but I do not believe we have that feature).

I am confused as to what type of master account I need and the best way to get started here.  Do I need to recreate all our staff accounts? Or can I just invite them along with the guests?  Is recording an issue in that case?

Further - I’m working in Rails and I see there is a v1 API library (gem) I’d love to use - would save some time.  Not sure I can work in v1 with recording however. And, am looking forward to the availability of more simplified API libraries! 

I greatly appreciate the assistance in getting this project off the ground. 

Thank you.

• Invite staff and clients to scheduled, non repeating meetings (always 1:1)

When you create a meeting only one person is the host (staff) all of the participants (clients) can use the join url

• Be able to reschedule the meetings as needed

Simply call the update meeting API

• Record all of these meetings to a cloud file

If you have cloud recording turned on your account, you can set it to auto recording all meetings

• Automatically download and archive the meetings (I would like to transcribe them as well but I do not believe we have that feature).

You’ll have to manage this by creating a script that downloads the files when recording is completed

I am confused as to what type of master account I need and the best way to get started here.  Do I need to recreate all our staff accounts? Or can I just invite them along with the guests?  Is recording an issue in that case?

Not clear on the question, you don’t have to have a master account, you mentioned you already have an account with users, you should be able to start developing on your current account

Further - I’m working in Rails and I see there is a v1 API library (gem) I’d love to use - would save some time.  Not sure I can work in v1 with recording however. And, am looking forward to the availability of more simplified API libraries! 

The gem you are referring to is a community created library, not officially supported by Zoom. There are not currently any plans to create any official libraries.