Start Meeting as Host without login

Which version?
SDK - v4.6.21666.0428
Xcode - 11.5
Swift - 5

Description
Hello, so I’m trying to start a meeting without the user logging in. I used the following paramters for the dictionary required:
kMeetingParam_Username
kMeetingParam_UserID
kMeetingParam_UserToken
kMeetingParam_UserType
kMeetingParam_MeetingNumber
kMeetingParam_MeetingPassword
The parameters worked, but there is a popup that says, “Waiting for host to start the meeting”. What parameters do I need to pass in order to start a meeting while having the user as the host?

Update
I found out that I need the zoom token and the zoom access token to be the host. What urls do I need to use to fetch them via GET?

Hi @rajal.patel,

Thanks for the post. It seems like you are using the Join Meeting parameters. Please use the MobileRTCMeetingStartParam4WithoutLoginUser, fill in the parameters, and pass to startMeetingWithStartParam to start meeting as the host without login.

You may refer to the implementation in our demo app: https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-ios/blob/master/MobileRTCSample/MobileRTCSample/SDKPresenters/how_to_start_join_meeting/start_with_rest_api_user/SDKStartJoinMeetingPresenter%2BRestApiWithoutLoginUser.m#L41

MobileRTCMeetingStartParam4WithoutLoginUser * user = [[[MobileRTCMeetingStartParam4WithoutLoginUser alloc]init] autorelease];
    user.userType = MobileRTCUserType_APIUser;
    user.meetingNumber = kSDKMeetNumber;
    user.userName = kSDKUserName;
    user.userToken = token;
    user.userID = kSDKUserID;
    user.isAppShare = appShare;
    user.zak = ZAK;
    param = user;

MobileRTCMeetError ret = [ms startMeetingWithStartParam:param];

Hope this helps. Thanks!

user.userToken = token;

this is now not available in Latest iOS SDK v5.0.24433.0616

Please update your Documentation, and sample app as well.

2 Likes

Hi @saas,

Thanks for pointing that out. I will forward this to the doc team to update the content.

Thanks!

Same with Join Meeting As well,

This shows old documents,
and When I tried to Join meeting new SDK is showing a dialogue to Register for Meeting,
We have already Added User as invite while creating a Meeting from our Backend, Users are frustrated with this new UI, even they have to put in the password some times, mannually, while we are already passing the password while calling Joinmeeting function.

Please help
Screenshot 2020-07-08 at 5.13.10 PM

Hi @saas,

This dialog shows up when the meeting requires registration. When you are scheduling a meeting, if you do not check the following option

Then this dialog will not show up. Currently there is no interface to fill in the registration info programmatically.

Thanks!