Start meeting URL Schema

We are integrating LMS (learning management system), Zoom, SSO via APIs.

When user start meeting that scheduled by another host, they will start meeting by link belows

zoommtg://hoponline.zoom.us/start?browser=chrome&action=start&confid={removed}confno={removed}&mcv={removed}&zc=0&stype=101&sid={removed}&uid={removed}&token={removed}&uname=Nguy%E1%BB%85n%20Tu%E1%BA%A5n%20Anh

There are some parameter that we dont know what it is and how we can query it via API.
confid=
mcv=
sid=
token=

We plan to query parameters to create a URL so that users can start meeting without login (we will create login session and token for user at SSO system via APIs). Are we able to do that?

Thanks and Best Regards.

Hi @anhnt , I have removed specific values here, please do not share these publicly.

For more information, reference our documentation on Zoom URL Schemes

confno is the meeting ID.

mcv looks to be the client version.

sid looks to bee the ID of the host.

token is the host user token for authenticating and starting the meeting.

Hi Micheal Harrington;

There is confid that we dont know what it is.

With the token; we will log in host user via SSO, then we query host user token. But when we start meeting using URL, system still ask user to log in to start meeting. So are we able to start the meeting with host role via URL with parameter ?
We wonder how can we call Zoom app (desktop) with all parameter that we provided (meeting id, meeting number, host user token…), non-login user can start meeting with host role.

Thanks and Best Regards.

Hey @anhnt,

We are looking into this. For now make sure the user is already logged into Zoom, then it should work.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Would like to ditto @anhnt on this. We are also interested in being able to auto-sign the user in as the host starting the call. We have a multi-platform “meeting portal” in our conference rooms, and occasionally a user needs to start the meeting as a host from the conference room, but currently they have to look up their credentials, put them in manually, make the call, then sign out of the Zoom application.

Hey @joshua.martin,

Thanks for sharing your use case.

Have you considered Zoom Rooms for this?

Thanks,
Tommy

I don’t think we have. Our application integrates 5 or so different conferencing services as well as internal tools/APIs, hence our having a custom “hub” solution. I appreciate you letting me know!

Hi Tommy;

We find a way to start meeting with start URL and ZAK. But now it support only Zoom meeting client ? How about web client and mobile app ?

Thanks.

Hey @anhnt,

For mobile app, see the url schemes: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/guides/client-url-schemes

For the Web Client, use:

https://zoom.us/wc/MEETINGID/start?zak=ZAKTOKEN

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @joshua.martin,

Zoom Rooms also support other conferencing services! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy;

Thank you for your helpful information.

Best Regards.