Start a meeting (join as a host) without login

We are integrating deep linking to our Android and iOS apps to start the Zoom app for a specific meeting. We’re following Zoom Client URL Schemes

We wish to know, can host starts a meeting without login with URL prepared with Zoom Client URL Schemes.

Thanks,
Manish Dhanani

Hi @manish_dhanani,

If you’re using a native Zoom client/app, you should be able to start a meeting with the start_url, without logging in first, as long as you have the meeting’s settings such that authentications is not required to join. In the API, this setting is within the meeting settings object: "enforce_login": false.

Let me know if this helps,
Will

1 Like

Hi @will.zoom

Thanks a lot for the timely reply and for sharing the details.

I checked the API Reference and they says that enforce_login is deprecated, use authentication configuration fields.

I found an option Only authenticated users can join meetings under Account Setting and its value is disabled by default. This option is working perfectly for users who join the meeting, but I’m in need of a similar option for hosts, so they can start meetings without login.

Hoping for the best solution for requirements.

Thanks,
Manish Dhanani

Hey @manish_dhanani,

Apologies—you’re correct.

If you’re using the Client URL Scheme, can you try appending the ZAK token that is provided in the start_url in the response from the create meeting API, and see if this gives you better luck?

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yes, I prepared the URL by setting all parameters mentioned in Client URL Schemes and have set the ZAK token that is provided in the start_url to the token parameter of URL Schemes. Are you talking about the same, right? If yes, then still no luck, and the host could not start a meeting without login.

Thanks,
Manish Dhanani

Hey @manish_dhanani,

I just DM’d you.

Thanks!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.