Start meeting using ZAK Token in iframe is not working anymore?

Description
I have implemented the flow to start meeting using zak token in iframe 6 months ago using “https://zoom.us/wc/MEETINGID/start?zak=ZAKTOKEN” as it was suggested by zoom development team.

Now suddenly its stopped working and giving the error

Error
Refused to display ‘https://zoom.us/signin’ in a frame because it set ‘X-Frame-Options’ to ‘sameorigin’

Is this still supported? If not then what would be the best way to start meeting using WebSDK or in iframe for meeting created by OAuth flow.

Hey @vivek1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. This is a great question!

I have implemented the flow to start meeting using zak token in iframe 6 months ago using “Sign In | Zoom as it was suggested by zoom development team.

Historically, the method that you are using was suggested by our team. However, now the recommended method involves using the Web SDK to embed Zoom functionality directly in your website.

Is this still supported? If not then what would be the best way to start meeting using WebSDK or in iframe for meeting created by OAuth flow.

This method is no longer supported. As you’ve seen, recent changes to the x-frame-options header prevent the method of iframing a Web Client link.

I recommend switching to the Web SDK. If you would like an example of an app built with the Web SDK, please see here. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hi @MaxM Thanks for the response.

I have already implemented Web SDK to join meeting but I don’t think we can start meeting (that is created by OAuth flow) using Web SDK. I already research a lot regarding this but was not able to find any solution to start meeting using Web SDK.

Let me explain you my scenario:
User will click on “Create Zoom Meeting” button and they will be redirected to zoom login page. After login we will get access token and using that access token new instant meeting will be created through REST API.
All good till now…

Now what if that user want to start that newly created meeting in my website page itself? There is no option to start that meeting using Web SDK.

On that time I found a solution to start meeting using zak token in iframe but that is not supported now.

Can you please suggest a solution for this?

Hey @vivek1,

Thank you for the update. It’s important to note that you can only start a meeting from the Web SDK if your Zoom account owns the JWT app. Instead, in most cases, you will want to use the Create Meeting API with type=1 in order to create an instant meeting. Please see the following post for more information on this.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.