Stopped receiving certain webhook events

We have a Webhook App that subscribes to three recording events: recording.started, recording.stopped, recording.completed.

Since April 16th we have no longer been receiving “stopped”, but the other events are coming through. We have made no configuration changes on our app or in how these meetings are created.

We still receive recording.started and recording.completed events.

Why would the recording.stopped event no longer be coming through?

Confirming that we are observing the same issue, we are no longer receiving recording.stopped events.

Hi, any updates here?

1 Like

@ryan and @pklong,

Thank you for calling attention to the behavior you are seeing with the Webhooks. For more personalized support, please submit a ticket with our support here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
From there, we can take a closer look and diagnose what may be happening.

@donte.zoom any particular methods of bypassing front line end user customer support on the support page to get this platform outage reported to your engineering team? I’d rather like to avoid the maze if possible…

Thank you, will follow up with a ticket…

Reporting same issue here. We are no longer receiving recording.stopped events. Timestamp of the last one received is 2022-04-16T00:47:41.447-04:00. I have filed a support ticket.

We last received a recording.stopped event on Apr 16, 2022 at 17:26:57.764 PDT. We are still seeing all other webhook events for which we have subscribed as expected. Our webhook app is still configured to receive these events.

@jluker,

Thank you for the update, @jluker!

@jroers,

Can you confirm if you are seeing recording.stopped webhook events logged in Zoom Marketplace?

Asking again, is there any way to bypass the end-user frontline customer support to create a platform outage report ticket? I keep getting stuck talking to a bot that says it doesn’t understand me.

The 10-day platform outage is on-going, no recording.stopped webhooks since 04/16.

Confirming that I cannot find any recording.stopped webhook events logged in our Zoom Marketplace.
For a given meeting ID, I see 4 of the 5 expected webhook events all coming through:

1. recording.started
  2. meeting.participant_joined
  3. meeting.ended
  4. recording.completed

recording.stopped messages typically hit our servers after we receive a meeting.ended notification. That has not happened since 4/16.

Hi, @ryan & @jroers,
Happy to help! You can send an email to developersupport@zoom.us, but I can’t guarantee you will get faster answers than posting here. When testing the recording.completed webhook, the event is being sent to my endpoint. Have you recently updated your endpoint? If so, please reauthorize the App for the change to take effect.

In my testing, using requestbin.com, I can confirm the recording. completed Webhook events are working as expected.

Ex. recording.completed webhook

{
    "payload": {
        "account_id": "[REDACTED]",
        "object": {
            "uuid": "[REDACTED]",
            "id": [REDACTED],
            "account_id": "[REDACTED]",
            "host_id": "[REDACTED]",
            "topic": "DA Zoom Meeting",
            "type": 2,
            "start_time": "2022-04-26T17:24:04Z",
            "timezone": "America/New_York",
            "host_email": "d.zoomie@gmail.com",
            "duration": 0,
            "total_size": 580844,
            "recording_count": 3,
            "share_url": "[REDACTED]",
            "recording_files": [
                {
                    "id": "[REDACTED]",
                    "meeting_id": "[REDACTED]",
                    "recording_start": "2022-04-26T17:24:04Z",
                    "recording_end": "2022-04-26T17:24:21Z",
                    "file_type": "MP4",
                    "file_extension": "MP4",
                    "file_size": 315681,
                    "play_url": "[REDACTED]",
                    "download_url": "[REDACTED]",
                    "status": "completed",
                    "recording_type": "active_speaker"
                },
                {
                    "file_type": "M4A",
                    "file_extension": "M4A",
                    "file_size": 265046,
                    "play_url": "[REDACTED]",
                    "recording_type": "audio_only"
                },
                {
                    "file_type": "TIMELINE",
                    "file_extension": "JSON",
                    "file_size": 117,
                    "recording_type": "timeline"
                }
            ],
            "on_prem": false
        }
    },
    "event_ts": [REDACTED],
    "event": "recording.completed",
    "download_token": "[REDACTED]"
}

recording.completed is coming through loud and clear, it’s recording.stopped that is no longer sending. No changes on our end since a bit under two years ago.

Thanks for the heads up @ryan! Let me test and circle back with my findings.

@jluker, @ryan, and @pklong,

You’re right, ! recording.stopped is no longer being sent. I’ve created an internal ticket [ZSEE-49051] to have this investigated and will provide an update once more information is available.

Thank you again for calling attention to the behavior you are seeing. I hope to have an update for this soon.

Best,
Donte

2 Likes

@ryan, @jluker, and @pklong,

This is a known issue and it has been marked as a bug [ZOOM-370773]. Our engineer are looking to deploy the fix over the weekend. For context, while performing a webhook payload upgrade to align with the recent API email address display rules, the recording stopped webhook case edge was missed.

I hope this helps to clarify.

1 Like

Thanks for the update! We’ll communicate back to our impacted users this information.

Happy to report that the platform outage has been resolved, we’ve now started receiving recording.stopped webhooks again. It does appear like https://status.zoom.us was never updated to reflect the incident which is unfortunate.

Confirming that we are also receiving recording.stopped webhooks again.