Sync Shure Hardware Mute/Unmute with Meeting from SDK

Hi @Michael_Condon

I saw that the Video SDK was updated recently.
I wanted to confirm, are we waiting for the Client SDK to be updated for this to be fixed?

Hey @brandon1,

That is correct, we are waiting for a Client SDK update. The Video SDK update is unrelated.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon

I was hoping I could get some kind of status update on the upcoming release?

Hi @brandon1,

The release Michael is referring to has been pushed back. Unfortunately, we do not yet have a timeline for this release, but be sure to keep an eye on our release notes. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom
Is it possible to get a rough estimate of the when we might see the update?

Thank you.

Hey @brandon1,

Because of the nature of the SDK release process, it is hard to guarantee release dates. We will update this thread when we can provide an estimated time of release.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael

I am mostly posting to keep this thread alive so it does not close before the update is released.
Is there any news on the updates progress?

Hey @brandon1,

We do not yet have any updates about this yet. However, we are expecting a new SDK version very soon.

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @Michael_Condon

Is there any update on if the Mic mute/unmute sync state has been fixed?

Hey @brandon1,

This should be fixed as of the latest version of the SDK. Can you update and let me know if the issue has been resolved?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon

When looking at the change log for the release of the Windows Meeting SDK 5.7.1, we don’t see any fixes that pertain to hardware sync mute/unmute. It takes quite a bit of effort for us to integrate a new SDK and regression test it in our software. Can you please confirm this fix has been completed in 5.7.1 and update the change log?

Hey @brandon1,

We did not include this in the changelog as it only effected one developer. However, I confirmed that the fix for this issue was included in the latest version.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon

Tried testing the new SDK, and it doesn’t appear to have be fixed.

Hey @brandon1,

I see. Let me follow up with the engineers.

Michael

Hey @brandon1,

The will release a new fix for this the release after next. In the meantime, they have provided a workaround.

“call CreateSettingService interface after you call CreateMeetingService. You dont need to actually use the setting service, but this should resolve the issue.”

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon

That didn’t appear to fix it.
I have just recently noticed as well, that the mic mute sync is not working on the 5.7.7 version of the Window desktop client either. Tested with a Jabra speak 410 and Logitech MeetUp

Hey @brandon1,

Hmm that is not good. Let me follow up with the team again.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon

Are you able to provide some sort of update?

Hey @brandon1,

We have modified the relevant section of the SDK codebase again and this will be in the upcoming release. We do not have a firm release date quite yet, but we are expecting it within the next few weeks.

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @Michael_Condon

Was the fix in release 5.7.6?