Sync Shure Hardware Mute/Unmute with Meeting from SDK

Description
How to get UI mute button syncing with hardware button.
Using a Shure P300, the Zoom desktop application, the Mute/Unmute button keeps in Sync when the hardwares mute/unmute is pressed.
When launching a meeting using the SDK, the UI does not sync with the hardware.

Calling AudioSettingsContext.EnableSyncButtonsOnHeadset(true) and
AudioSettingsContext.IsSyncButtonsOnHeadsetEnabled() is returning true.

But it seems there is more that needs to be done to get the hardware syncing with the SDK meeting Mute/Unmute.
Can you point me in the right direction for syncing?
Can you tell me how the Zoom desktop client achieves it?

Which Desktop Client SDK version?
Windows SDK 5.2.42037.1112

Device (please complete the following information):
Desktop PC, Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19042
Shure P300, Shure ANIUSB-Matrix

Hi @brandon1, thanks for the post.

I noticed that you are running an older version of the SDK. Can you please try updating to the latest version and let me know if the issue persists?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.lieblich,
I have updated to version 5.5.12511.0422, and the issue is still persisting.
What can we do next?

Hi @brandon1,

Thank you for giving that a try. I think the next step would be for our team to investigate this further. Would you mind sending the SDK logs from a session where this issue is present over to developersupport@zoom.us?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.lieblichm

I have sent an email containing the log, the emails subject matches this threads title.
Just wanted to provide a heads-up

Hey @brandon1,

Thanks for sending that over!

Michael

Hey @brandon1,

Can you be more specific on what you mean by “not syncing”? Do you mean that after you call these functions the UI does not reflect the change?

Thanks!
Michael

When using the Zoom Desktop Client to launch a Zoom meeting, we can use the Shure microphone hardwares mute button, on pressing the physical mute button, the Zoom Meetings mute button is synced with the hardware button. If you mute using the hardware, the meetings mute icon will sync and go to the muted state, and the same for unmuting with the hardware button, the meetings mute icon goes to the unmuted state.

When launching a meeting from the SDK, we aren’t experiencing the same behaviour. I had figured you needed to call EnableSyncButtonsOnHeadset(true).
Since it is in the Audio Settings, I only called it after the user is logged in, and not when they join the meeting. What I mean by not syncing, is that joining the meeting using the SDK, the meetings mute button does not stay in sync with whatever the hardware mute button is, you can keep toggling the hardware mute button, but the meetings mute button never changes with hardware button being pressed.

Hey @brandon1,

Interesting. So the UI does not sync, but does the button control the muting/unmuting correctly? As in, when you mute using the hardware button in the SDK the audio actually mutes?

Thanks!
Michael

Your audience should have internal or external speakers. Post-processing to sync up the audio with the event is unnecessary. The meeting host can mute all or selected meeting participants. Mute me Attendees can mute and unmute their phone lines.

@brandon1 hope this helps you

Hey @ZoeVarner,

Thank you for the input :slight_smile:

Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon,

The SDK does not show the status as toggling the mute.
Used the MeetingAudioController with a callback for OnUserAudioStatusChange, but the audio status never changes after pressing the hardware button 5 times.

Hey @brandon1,

I understand that the UI is not changing, but I am wondering if the audio is also not changing.

Thanks!
Michael

The audio is changing, other participants in the meeting don’t hear the mic when the hardware mute is used.

Hey @brandon1,

Awesome thanks! Will keep you posted.

Michael

Hey @brandon1,

This will be fixed in an upcoming hotfix release.

Thanks!
Michael

@Michael_Condon

That’s excellent to hear, I look forward to the release.

Thank You!

You are very welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @Michael_Condon

Is there a chance I can get an update or ETA on the hotfix release?

Thanks

Hey @brandon1,

We do not yet have a finalized date, but I do not think it will take longer than a week.

Thanks!
Michael