Testing paid features of API

HI There,
I would love to see if there is a sandbox for API or a trial since the post I saw was from 2019.
I want to add email addresses of people from API calls to a meeting and /registrants endpoint seems the way to go but I need to test it before paying for a paid account. Can you activate trial on my account?

1 Like

Hi @sanjay.obj1,

Thanks for reaching out about this—While we aren’t able to offer a trial for Pro or higher licenses at the moment, I understand how this would be helpful.

For the time being, if you really need to be able to work with certain endpoints, you might consider looking into the monthly option and then canceling after a month if it doesn’t suit your needs. You can find our plans and pricing here:
zoom.us/pricing

Thanks,
Will

Hello @will.zoom ,
Thanks for the reply. I am a dev and can’t force my client to buy the plan before I know for sure if I can filter and prevent people from entering a meeting based on their email via the API.

If you can give me a hint if that’s possible with the API then I can buy and test for myself.

I was planning to a create a closed meeting from endpoint and then add /registrants from my list so people who have the link but not their names in my script can’t join.

Please advice. Thank you :slight_smile:

Hey @sanjay.obj1,

Thank you for providing more detail, we’re happy to help out!

If you think that having access to a paid Zoom license is important for R&D or the implementation of the project for the client, this is something that you should be able to expense to the client and include in your proposal for the project.

When it comes to using the Add Meeting Registrant API, you’ll want to make sure that you have a pro plan or higher. You can confirm what is required for our APIs by checking the prerequisites section of our documentation for that API:

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,
Thanks for your input. I have already tried using the endpoint and know about the prerequisite, that’s why I started the tread.
Just wanted to make sure if this endpoint works like I am thinking.
Will I be able to add registrants by just their email address and keep the ‘personal id’ meeting for them only. Even if others try to join via meeting id they have but are locked out because they are not in the list?
Is the pro plan meeting API’s /registrants suitable for similar task?

Hey @sanjay.obj1,

If you require registration for a meeting, that will prevent unknown users from joining the meeting even if they have the meeting ID and password. When you add a registrant, you’re provided with a unique join URL that registrant can use to join the meeting.

Yes, you can use the Pro Plan for this API.

Let me know if that answers your question.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM @will.zoom
Thanks for the suggestions. I got the paid plan and I get this back when I add registrant:
{
“registrant_id”: “”,
“id”: ,
“topic”: “Mysubject”,
“start_time”: “2021-04-10T16:38:12Z”,
“join_url”: “”
}

But the added registrant is not getting this join_url via email despite “registrants_confirmation_email” and “registrants_email_notification” being set to true.

Do I need a 3rd party service like sendgrid or am I missing something?

Hey @sanjay.obj1,

Thank you for the update. Please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread. In that email, please include the meeting ID that you’re using when you see an email isn’t sent to registrants.

I’ll use that information to investigate further.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.