The account don't enable API

My company is strongly considering using Zoom to implement a video conferencing feature for an app we have developed. I am working on a proof-of-concept for this feature, however when I try to access the API I receive the error message: “The account don’t enable API”

It sounds like I don’t have API access enabled, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this. I have created an SDK “app” in the marketplace and have applied the SDK key and secret to my demo. The call I am making is https://www.zoom.us/api/v1/wc/info?callback=localJsonpCallback&meetingNumber=962188783&userName=test&;signature=[hidden for security]&apiKey=[hidden for security]

Full response is : /**/localJsonpCallback({“status”:false,“errorCode”:200,“errorMessage”:“The account don’t enable API.”,“result”:null});

Can someone tell me how to enable the API for my account in the marketplace?

Thanks,
-Joe Newton

1 Like

Hi @joe.newton,

We recommend to use our V2 API as v1 API is no longer supported by us. Also, since you are using our API you will need to use our API key & Secret instead of SDK credentials.
Let us know if using the API key secret works for you.

Thanks

Following up, looks like you need to either have a Free trail account or a Pro account using the API Key/Secret.

Thanks

I’m confused about your API comment, since this call is generated by Zoom’s sample-app-web via @zoomus/websdk. Do you discourage using those?

I’m getting the same error; I assumed it was because I hadn’t configured the app properly, but now I’m wondering if I need to find a new starting point…

Hey @ryan2, I think Michael misunderstood. That v1 endpoint is separate from the public v1 endpoints.

This error is either because you don’t have a Pro or above Zoom account, or because you are not using a JWT App for the API and Secret creds.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks, that’s reassuring. I wasn’t aware of the API distinction.

As you suggested, I had initially plugged in an SDK key & secret where I should have used the API key from the JWT app. All good now.

1 Like

Happy to hear we figured out the issue! :slight_smile:

-Tommy