The current sdk version doesn't support register m…ng/webinar, please upgrade to the latest version.", errorMessage: "Fail to join the meeting.", errorCode: 1}

Description
Hello,

I am currently building an Oauth App to host meetings on behalf of the customers.
As we want our users to join via the websdk only, so we are first enabling ‘join_before_host’ to true and joining everyone as participants.
I could achieve this by enabling ‘join_before_host’ & disabling ‘waiting_room’ via API and it worked fine for an Oauth app created with a basic account.

However, when I am trying to use a licensed user (Under the same account as the oauth App), I am not able to join the meeting and below error shows up in console:
‘The current sdk version doesn’t support register m…ng/webinar, please upgrade to the latest version.", errorMessage: “Fail to join the meeting.”, errorCode: 1}’

When Upgrading to latest version, it is failing with:-

Download wasm files error, please check your network and firewall.

Error
The current sdk version doesn’t support register m…ng/webinar, please upgrade to the latest version.", errorMessage: “Fail to join the meeting.”, errorCode: 1}

Which version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create an Oauth App With Licensed User.
  2. Enable ‘Join Before Host’ and disable ‘Waiting room’ in the settings section.
  3. Join the meeting with the websdk (1.8.0) and signature role = ‘0’

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Browser:[Chrome]

Additional context

Meeting ID : 968 6817 6807

1 Like

Hey @barshatrai99

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

I found out the root cause. It seems the meetings required registration and somehow websdk was not allowing me to join.
I changed the approval_type = 2 during schedule meeting, it works.
Regards

Hey @barshatrai99,

Happy to hear you got this squared away!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.