The Zoom Apps SDK is not supported by this browser

I’m trying to launch the app in a vscode chrome debugging session, but when I call zoomSdk.config(myConfig), I get the following error:

"The Zoom Apps SDK is not supported by this browser"

I looked through the javascript un-minified sdk code, and it looks like it is failing to detect the browser, and keys off of window.chrome.

I want to test my app in the browser… Is this possible.? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Note: I am using Mac, and I get this same error when using Safari as well.

To fix the black screen issue on the Web Meeting SDK follow the steps outlined below:

Make sure the the latest Web SDK version is being used.
Upon initial import of the Web Meeting SDK, there may be just a black screen. This is expected until you start or join a Meeting or Webinar. As a solution, you can hide the Web Meeting SDK by default (example), and then show it when the start or join Meeting or Webinar flow has been executed (example).
If the Web Meeting SDK is just a black screen joining / starting Meetings / Webinars is not working, check to see if there are errors in the browser console. If there are errors, fix them. If they cannot be fixed reach out to us.

Greeting,
Rachel Gomez

You can test Zoom App within Zoom Client itself. Please take a look at reference app by Zoom GitHub - zoom/zoomapps-advancedsample-react: This repository contains an Advanced Zoom Apps Sample. It should serve as a starting point for you to build and test your own Zoom App in development. and follow instructions here GitHub - zoom/zoomapps-advancedsample-react: This repository contains an Advanced Zoom Apps Sample. It should serve as a starting point for you to build and test your own Zoom App in development. on how you can enable developer tools with in Zoom Client.

Hi,
I was facing the same error in while running zoomapps - texteditor. I was able to see the text editor ui but cannot find the console outputs for (zoomsdk.config) method. kindly guide If you are able to find a solution.

Hi Kumaran,

To enable the developer tools in the Zoom client:

• For MacOS, run this command in your terminal:
defaults write ZoomChat webview.context.menu true
  • For Windows machines:
    • Find your local Zoom data folder, eg C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\data
    • Find the “zoom.us.ini” file or create one if it does not exist
    • Paste in this line and save:
[ZoomChat]
webview.context.menu=true

iam using a linux machine

Unfortunately, Zoom Apps are not currently supported on Linux operating systems. While we don’t have plans to support Linux at this time we may provide support in the future if we see significant demand.

Hi there.
I am also having problems getting the Developer tools working in Windows.

Is there any thorough guide & example for this?

I have seen this post + the main reference page: https://developers.zoom.us/docs/zoom-apps/create/

I have updated the zoom.us.ini file in C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\data\zoom.us.ini.txt and then restart the machine to make sure Zoom is completely restarted.

There is no response from right clicking the app when logging in again. There is also no response from the typical Firefox/Edge hot keys for opening developer tools CTRL + SHIFT + I

This an app that successfully can have the developer tools enabled on Mac, so I know that there is no Zoom-App-Configuration problem.

Can you share the contents of the ini file that you’re using?

Just to ensure that you have up-to-date information, you can find the documentation on this here: https://developers.zoom.us/docs/zoom-apps/create/#enable-developer-tools

Let me know if that helps.