Unable to join meetings created with oauth using the websdk embedded zoom client

Description
I’m currently building an app that uses the oauth flow to create a meeting in a user’s account using the /me endpoint - this works fine, I get an ok response back with the meeting details. From there, I’m trying to embed that meeting into my webapp using the websdk - generating a signature on the server and using ZoomMtg.init & .join on the client. I’m using the websdk credentials (and have tried using the oauth credentials too) to generate the signature but i am always getting “Invalid signature”. Also, I have had to trace this error up the call stack because the error in ZoomMtg.join does not have a specific error message, and the client displays “Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again.”

Interestingly, if I create the meeting under my own account using JWT credentials, and create a signature with websdk credentials, this works fine and the meeting starts. However this is only available in for my account and won’t work for end users. I imagine I am constructing the signature just fine but maybe not using the right credentials, or possibly you can’t use the websdk for meetings created with oauth?

Which version?
websdk 1.7.5

Screenshots
Callstack where error is occurring:

Up the stack:

Result on the web page:

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Browser: Chrome 80
1 Like

Hey @ethan1,

Is the meeting you are creating with OAuth, and the JWT App for the Web SDK under your same Zoom account?

You can only start meetings that you create with the Web SDK. However, you can join any meeting with the Web SDK.

Can you private message me your signature so I can debug?

Thanks,
Tommy

https://devforum.zoom.us/t/websdk-invalid-meeting-id-for-child-account-meetings/24846
Please reply on this

Hey @riequation.1956,

I have replied to you here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks, Issue was resolve.

1 Like

Happy to hear you got it working! :slight_smile:

-Tommy