Undocumented meeting types (possibly webinars) in the cloud recording's list all recordings endpoint

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
When using the cloud recordings list all recordings end point I’ve seen meetings that have had type of 5 and 9. I believe that these correspond to webinars but I want to verify what values the type field can contain.

Error
Not applicable

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
End point: /user/{userId}/recordings

Documentation URL: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/cloud-recording/recordingslist

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a webinar.
  2. Start the webinar in the Zoom client.
  3. While in the Zoom webinar click record, and select record to the cloud.
  4. Run the /user/{userId}/recordings end point verify that you get a recording from that webinar. Check the type from the API, note that it’s not in the type list in the documentation.

Screenshots (If applicable)
N/A

Additional context
N/A

Hi @dave.ward ,

Happy to help. Can you please share screenshots of the response body? You are correct in that Type 5 and 9 correspond with webinars. I would like to share with our API team.

Please redact any sensitive information from the response body.

Thank you,
Gianni

Here’s a screenshot of the results…

Hi @dave.ward – are you able to see the image on your end? I’ve refreshed a number of times and it seems there is something wrong with the file.

Thanks,
Gianni

No I can’t see it on my side either. I had tried to post it a couples of times in a couple of different ways (changing the file type) but couldn’t get it to be shown. Should I try again or try something different?

Send the necessary details to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread please :slight_smile:

@gianni.zoom I can see the screenshot now so it might be working. I’ll also send a copy to the email you supplied.

Thank you — someone from our team will be in touch shortly.

Thank you so much @dave.ward – I see it now and will share with them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.