Unwanted guests in meeting

Basically, I don’t have any auth enabled for the user app at the moment and I have seen multiple unwanted guests joining the meeting(I guess they are extracting the meeting id and password from HTTP response and forwarding to others). So now I want to make sure only a limited number of users can attend the meeting.

I’m planning to allow limited domain and auth users on basis of that before joining the meeting. Do I have any better solutions for this?

Hey @spectrumonlinecoachi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Just to clarify, when you refer to the User App that you’re using, do you mean OAuth app, or the Web SDK?

If you’re looking to keep unwanted participants out of your meeting, first you can read our blog post about doing just that. You may also be interested in our guide on enabling Meeting Registration.

Let me know if that helps :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM

We are using Web SDK at the moment. We don’t want to go for registration and it will increase the workload of the audience. We are looking for a smooth and flexible solution here like SSO-based auth(so I can use my custom auth system to authorize users with zoom also) and only allow associated domain users in.

Let me know if I have any other way out.

@tommy Can you please have a look? It is urgent.

Hey @spectrumonlinecoachi,

Thank you for the update. It sounds like our documentation on Authentication Profiles for Meetings and Webinars would be helpful in this case.

Specifically, the section on Creating Authentication Profiles shows how you can restrict meeting participants to just those that have a specific email domain.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.