Update a meeting time with a timezone

I’ve seen a couple of threads about similar problems but i don’t really find a good explanation

We create meetings by setting a GMT start_time, meeting type 2 and also specifying the timezone field, that is all fine and works as expected.

But when we try to move a meeting (into the future) we do the same thing, we call the PATCH endpoint specifying the new start_time in GMT and the timezone field, but the resulting change moves the meeting to what looks like GMT time without a timezone, even when not specifying timezone the outcome is the same.

Looking at the api docs, it says: The start_time value must be a future date. If the value is omitted or a date in the past, the API ignores this value and will not update any recurring meetings, If the start_time value is a future date, the recurrence object is required. and further down the docs on the recurrence field Recurrence object. Use this object only for a meeting with type 8 i.e., a recurring meeting with fixed time - which one should i adhere to?

our PATCH update request payload:

{
  start_time: '2022-04-12T06:09:00.000Z',
  timezone: 'Europe/Stockholm'
}

PATCH returns 204

Fetching meeting afterwards:

{
  type: 2,
  start_time: '2022-04-12T04:09:00Z',
  duration: 120,
  timezone: 'Europe/Stockholm',
}

Hi @possan

Thanks for reaching out, I am happy to help here!
So from my understanding, you are trying to update a type 2 meeting with a date in the future and you get a 204 response. But when you fetch that meeting, you are not seeing the updated start_time?

Cheers,
Elisa

Yes exactly, it changes the date, but not to the correct date with the specified timezone.

Hi @possan

Thanks for your patience.
If you look closely into our Docs

So it looks like you are using GMT time plus the timezone…
You should use the format “yyy-MM-dd’T’HH:mm:ss” which is local time, plus the time zone.

Let me know if this helps
Best,
Elisa

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.