[Urgent] Failing WebSocket connection makes participants to disconnect after some minutes

Description
When joining a Webinar or Meeting, there is a socket that fails to connect.
The following issues happen because of that:

• Joining the meeting takes too long(See GIF belove)
  • The first time someone joins, they can’t hear the audio.
  • If they are allowed to talk, they don’t get the modal with the option to talk
  • If they refresh the page, they can hear the audio, but after some minutes there is a disconnection error.

Browser Console Error

Joining too long

It’s because is trying to connect to the WS
joiningtoolong

Chrome console:

Firefox console:

Error Message After some minutes:

Sometimes this error is also displayed when joining

Allow to talk issue

testmic

Disconnection

errormeetingsdk

Which Web Meeting SDK version?
2.3.0, 2.2.0, 2.1.1

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Join a Webinar or Meeting using the WebSDK

Screenshots

Additional context
*** Happening after the 2.3.0 update**
*** It seems, it happens for some users only**

Thank you for providing the reproducible steps,@giancarlo1! Can you also share the region(s) that users are seeing this behavior?

I’ll keep an eye out for your response.

Best,
Donte

@donte.S It’s happening in North America, but not for all the users, it’s like random

Not seeing the same behavior on my end, @giancarlo1. Can you help verify if the behavior persists on your end? If so, can you email us directly at developersupport@zoom.us. Be sure to include the following information and the link to this thread :

When did you first encounter this issue? (if applicable)

Exact steps to reproduce the error?

• Error Message After some minutes:

• Sometimes this error is also displayed when joining

• Allow to talk issue

• Disconnection

Meeting Date and Time :

Problematic meeting id :

Browser Version/Information :

I will keep an eye out for your reply.

Best,
Donte

@donte.zoom The issue still persists.

I just sent an email, thank you

@donte.zoom We found it happens with some accounts only. So it may be an extra setting, something weird is happening.

The logs don’t tell you anything? I’m pretty sure the failing connection is related to some specific setting because with a different account there is only 2 web socket connections.

Join fails:

Join works:

@tommy

Thanks @giancarlo1 , we are taking a look. (ZSEE-44659)

-Tommy

Hey @giancarlo1 ,

I was able to reproduce the issue up until an hour ago. It seems to be resolved. Can you check on your end?

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy I’m still getting the issue. Are you using a different internet provider by any chance? Sometimes when using a different network, there are no issues so not sure if somehow it’s related.

Not all the users get the error but after multiple retries I think it can be reproduced

Thanks @giancarlo1 , can you share your network info / region and console logs with developersupport@zoom.us ?

-Tommy

@tommy I just did, thank you.

1 Like

@tommy It seems the issue has been resolved.

Was there any fix on your end? We want to be sure it won’t happen in the future or at least know how we can avoid it.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hey @giancarlo1 ,

Thanks for sending the details over to us. We were able to isolate the issue and resolve it.

Apologies, and we will take extra steps to make sure that this does not happen again.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.