Web SDK - Webinar Keeps disconnecting frequently

Description
We have a webinar that we conduct via our app. The participants report constant disconnect/reconnect and it is annoying to them they have resorted to connecting directly. Unable to show our site/app features.

Error
Disconnect and Reconnecting message

Which version?
We were on 1.8.0 and upgraded to 1.8.1. We see 1.8.0 having audio issues and 1.8.1 better audio but more frequent connects and disconnects.

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
1, Start a webinar
2. Connect to the webinar via an app enabled via WEBSDK

Additional context
People stated that this happens irrespective of their bandwidth and also said if they joined via zoom URL directly (as opposed via the app enabled by the WEB SDK) it was working better. Webinar ID for your reference is …

Hey @siva1,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with webinars on the Web SDK.

Can you tell me if there are any error messages in the UI, or in the browser console?

Thanks,
Tommy

All it says disconnecting followed by reconnecting. The users who complained are not that browser/tech savvy to ask them to show the browser console etc.

Hey @siva1,

Can I ask what country you are using the Web SDK in? Also, if you could share a meeting UUID we can look into why the disconnect is happening.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi

We had another webinar today and a number of people complained the same. The webinar ID is and we started the Webinar from US and we use the default location i.e us cdn (source.zoom.us). The participants in our webinar having most problems included

• Windows 10 & Chrome browser users
  • People with bluetooth headphones

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Siva Chandrasekharan

Hey @siva1,

Thanks for the additional details. We are looking into the issue now and will provide you with an update. (CS-2452)

Thanks,
Tommy

We are doing another webinar today. Will collect data from that also

Hi

Any updates on this, we are still hearing people complaining about disconnects and reconnects during webinar. We end up sending them direct webinar links and they see no issues when connecting via a directly via zoom client…

Web SDK seems to be the issue…

Please help

Hey @siva1,

We are still looking into this issue. Can I ask how many webinar attendees you have when the error happens?

Thanks,
Tommy

Our webinars happen to have between 40 to 60 participants. We did conduct another webinar yesterday and the same problem occurred.

Thanks for the additional info @siva1.

I will report back to you once we find the root cause of the issue.

-Tommy

Hi Tommy

We had another webinar (webinar ID is) and one person in the webinar complained she got disconnected atleast 5 to 6 times.

I think we need to get a fix soon otherwise my team & customers may not want it at all…

Thanks for your help

Siva

Hey @siva1,

Thanks for sharing that. We will investigate why this happened to your meeting.

-Tommy

Hey @siva1,

We are planning to fix this issue in Web SDK version 1.8.2. Please stay updated here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you Tommy. Can you share some more details as to

1. What was the issue ?
  2. ETA of the release.

Hey @siva1,

It was a bug on our end relating to the webinar connection.

Once we have an ETA, we will update the Upcoming Changes page. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.