`user.joined_meeting` webhook

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
We’d like to implement behavior in our app whenever a user of our app joins a meeting. However, we can only get this information if the meeting’s owner is also a user of our app.

Describe the solution you’d like
A new webhook like user.meeting_joined to receive a notification when users of our app join any Zoom meeting with metadata about the meeting.

1 Like

Hey @ryan,

Can you please share your use case for this? What you are suggesting could have privacy concerns as you could join anyones meetings and get the meta data of that meeting.

What data do you need?

Thanks,
Tommy

Our main use case would be to associate meeting metadata with a local recording i.e. when the meeting organizer grants our app’s user recording permissions. So perhaps when the user joins we could get a webhook with just a meeting id, but when they are granted record permissions we can get more information like the meeting name.

Hey @ryan,

Have you considered having the App or Host of the meeting handling this recording flow so your app has access to the webhooks?

Thanks,
Tommy

Responding to an old dangling thread here: currently we tell our users that they must be the host of the meeting to use our app w/ Zoom. We were hoping to provide a better UX whenever they join any meeting, and this webhook would be a step towards us to do that.

1 Like

Bringing this back up again, this would be extremely useful for us. For now, we’ve had to build some complicated workarounds to detect the meeting state for our users. If we had any sort of notification that our app users are in a meeting (even if we get 0 metadata about the meeting), we could remove a huge amount of code.

Have you subscribed to the user.presence updated event?

Wow, very helpful! I think this flew under my radar mostly due to my poor reading of the documentation, but I would suggest tweaking schema docs since they are a bit misleading:

Thank you!