useVideoFilterItem not working on macOS

Hello

Running the latest version of the macOS SDK I don’t seem to be able to get the call:

• (ZoomSDKError)useVideoFilterItem:(ZoomSDKVideoEffectType)type index:(int)index;

to work, I can change virtual backgrounds so I don’t believe this is a code-signing issue.

To call this I am:
1/ getting a list of filters with
[[[[ZoomSDK sharedSDK] getSettingService] getVirtualBGSetting] getVideoFilterItemList];

2/ setting the filter by - from one of the selected items (“item”) calling
[[[[ZoomSDK sharedSDK] getSettingService] getVirtualBGSetting] useVideoFilterItem: item.getType( index: item.getIndex];

I’m not seeing any error but nothing changes. If I select the filter manually (through settings) the filter is applied happily.

The documentation here is not very clear so I may be doing something wrong?

Hi @richard1, thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. Can you please provide the return value you are receiving from the useVideoFilterItem method as well as device logs so that we can investigate this further?

Thanks!

Hello

I’me getting a return of 0 (which I think is success) - however since many SDK methods seem to return 0 whether they are successful or not I don’t tend to pay a great deal of notice to these!

I can try and enable logging but from other posts on this forum I understand it’s likely not to work…

Richard

Hi @richard1,

Please try to retrieve the logs from your application. There are no known issues with the SDK that would prevent you from being able to retrieve application logs at this time :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hello. I stand corrected - logs at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghuame01ynjbm8n/ZoomOSC.zip?dl=0

Thanks

Richard

Hi @richard1, thanks for providing those logs.

We will investigate this and let you know as soon as we have an update.

Thanks!

Hi @richard1,

After investigating this issue, we have found some information that may be useful in fixing this behavior.

In order to change the background or filter, you must be actively displaying the current user’s video preview. You can do this either through the default settings window or through your own custom settings UI.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing this behavior after ensuring that the video preview is active.

Thanks!