Virtual background and filter don't work in Mac os

at same mac os(Big Sur) and same app with sdk v5.2.41751.1026. the virtual background feature is valid, but today I found it does not work in same zoom account. After upgrade to latest version v5.2.42037.1112 SDK, this issue is still existing.

• - (BOOL)isVideoFilterEnabled;
  • - (BOOL)isSupportVideoFilter;
    both of these function return YES.

But the same sdk in windows, it works well.
we try with Zoom’s client, and found zoom client disable virtual background, enable filter.

whether zoom disable this feature in server site?

I’m having the same problem. Even within Zoom settings (triggered from within our app) if I add and select a background image it will NOT appear. It WILL appear however if I select the “I have a green screen” option, it just obviously looks strange without an actual green screen. But I cannot get a non-green screen image to appear as a background otherwise, and this worked in the prior SDK.

2 Likes

Answering myself, just solved. My issue pertained to SDK signing, we needed to set the team identifier to our Apple dev organization ID. So add this line of code before you call initSDK:

[sdk setTeamIdentifier:@"ABCDEF1234"];

Obviously use your own organization string (from iTunesConnect).

1 Like

yes, we have different cause.

Hi @powerguan, thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify a couple of things so that we may better assist you:

• Are you having trouble enabling/disabling virtual backgrounds, or are they not working at all?
  • Did this behavior only start after upgrading to Big Sur?

Thanks!

Virtual backgrounds are not working on BigSur (11.0.1) with Zoom 5.4.6.

Hi @mcmjr02, thanks for using Zoom.

Based on the version number you are referencing, this is an issue with the Zoom client. This forum is meant specifically for assisting developers with integrating the Zoom SDK into their own applications. For help with the Zoom client, please see our general support page.

Thanks!

same here i have a 2013 late Mac book pro… zoom backrounds worked fine, then changed to >>. BIG SUR… Bummer ! ! !

Hi @johnminnicks, thanks for using Zoom.

Based on your reply, this appears to be an issue with the Zoom client. This forum is meant only to assist developers integrating our SDK into their own applications. For help with the Zoom client, please see the link referenced in my previous response. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!