Using the api and pricing

Hi,

I have written to the isv team but got no reply so far. Let me try here.

I’m currently using one of your competitors to run conferences on my website. Though I want to investigate whether I should transition to Zoom in terms of pricing and ergonomy.

My website is a place where researchers can come and they have all the tools necessary to create and organize a conference about their research (e.g. participants can register, pay the fees, upload their slides, posters…) and then when the conference starts for real, I’m using a video conference tool similar to Zoom to run a virtual conference room.

Things that I’m wondering about are:

1. I’d like my users to not have to log in (they already login into my website and I’d like the same username to be used when they are on zoom). I seem to see that this may be possible to do via the api using the custCreate option, is that right?

2. I don’t know in advance if I’m going to have 0 conferences a given day or 20 in parallel. Also, the number of participants can vary from say 10 to 1000 so I’m not sure whether the pricing adapts to that? Via the api can I just change my plan if I see I will not have enough hosts to run the conferences on a given day and then on the next day go back to the previous plan? Do I then get billed on a daily basis, hourly basis or you take the maximum host price for the whole month even if I used it only one day?

3. Is it possible to upload files into the zoom room before the conference starts and that admins have access to the slides already when it actually starts and can open them?

4. What plan do you recommend for me to start testing all of that?

Hey @carbonfreeconf,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the forum.

I’d like my users to not have to log in (they already login into my website and I’d like the same username to be used when they are on zoom). I seem to see that this may be possible to do via the api using the custCreate option, is that right?

That’s correct, the custCreate field can be used to provision users on the back-end without requiring intervention on their part.

I don’t know in advance if I’m going to have 0 conferences a given day or 20 in parallel. Also, the number of participants can vary from say 10 to 1000 so I’m not sure whether the pricing adapts to that? Via the api can I just change my plan if I see I will not have enough hosts to run the conferences on a given day and then on the next day go back to the previous plan? Do I then get billed on a daily basis, hourly basis or you take the maximum host price for the whole month even if I used it only one day?

What plan do you recommend for me to start testing all of that?

Good questions, the best people to answer this would be our Sales team, who are more familiar with all the pricing options available. Should you consider our ISV program, there are yearly commitments required.

Is it possible to upload files into the zoom room before the conference starts and that admins have access to the slides already when it actually starts and can open them?

Currently, this is not possible. You can reach out to our technical support team for potential workarounds depending on your use case.

Should you have any further questions regarding the API, please let me know.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.