Using Video SDK restful API, I cannot get a session after it is being successfully created

@chunsiong.zoom @ekaansh.zoom

I have successfully created a session using POST /v2/videosdk/sessions
As a result, I get:

[session_id] => 5l6mDk1rSB2EaT9/1zEN6g==
[session_name] => 06dd5ab0-504d-44d7-a157-8312b46fa1cc:room
[created_at] => 2024-05-22T11:54:28Z
[settings] => Array
(
         [auto_recording] => none
        )
 )

But when I try to get this session either by getting the list (GET /v2/videosdk/sessions) or by specific session_id using both live and past types - it not being displayed in the list and for the endpoint to get by specific session_id I get {“code”:3001,“message”:“Session does not exist.”}

But when I try to create another session using POST method with the same session_name, API responds with {“code”:3000, "message ":“Session name already exists. Try a different session name.”}

So I am really confused: why I cannot retrieve a session? What am I doing wrong?

upd: my hypothesisis that if at least one user has not logged into Frontend SDK, then session is in draft state and is not displayed in the GET endpoint. Am I right?

Cheers!

@dmytro.prusov For Video SDK, sessions are typically created on demand from the SDK.

You will probably need to “Join / Start” the session before you can get ?type=live to show details.

Likewise, you will need to “End” the session before you can get ?type=past to show details