Using Zoom as a social login provider

Description
We’re having a website where after making some choices the user will get redirected to a Zoom call requiring a signed in user. Our idea was to use Zoom as a login provider, as the user will in the end be required to be a registered Zoom user. But now I’m getting a bit confused, that I have to register an “app” in the Zoom marketplace, and publish it there.

I would have expected it to work similar to Google. Am I just getting confused by having to create and publish an “app” on the marketplace, or is this scenario not supported?

If an app is necessary, do I then have to go through the whole process of uploading videos and images and so on? I mean it’s not really an app in the end and having it listed in the market place makes little to no sense when it’ll only be relevant to our website users.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Hi @Jmo ,

Happy to help. Are you looking to host the call on your website’s URL? If so, our official Web SDK with JWT authentication (does not require publication to the Marketplace) will be your best bet. We have tutorials, sample apps, and docs to help you.

Does this help?

Gianni

Hi @gianni.zoom ,

Sorry for being slow here, missed the reply.

The call will take place directly on Zoom web or via the native application if the user have such installed, so we’re not going to use the SDK for now. We only want to offer our users the possibility to login to our site using Zoom as they’ll have a Zoom account (since it’s required to join our calls).

So we simply want to setup social login with Zoom as the provider, and then if I understand things correctly we have to create a market app?

Hey @Jmo,

I’m happy to help out here! The apps found on our marketplace are OAuth Apps that allow developers to integrate with users/accounts. When a user installs the apps, they are logging in and authorizing OAuth access to their account.

With an OAuth app on the Zoom Marketplace, you could authorize a user and call the API on their behalf. Here is some more information on the Marketplace:

Alternatively, based on what you’ve shared about your use case, it sounds like enabling meeting authentication might be the best option here. This would require users to log in with Zoom prior to joining your meeting. More information here:

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.