Valid Unique Characters for Email Address of User Joining Meeting

Description
I am currently working on ingesting a Zoom in-meeting chat log in order to archive the information for compliance purposes. One important thing that I noted while building my app is that, in order to accurately capture as many emails as possible, I need to know how “wide of a net” to cast. I was wondering if anyone knows which special characters are allowed for an email used to join a Zoom meeting.

“Internationalizing Domain Names in Applications (IDNA)” standards have changed over the years, and (as far as I understand at least) commas (",") are allowed in modern email addresses. That being said however, I know many applications do not support that character, as such I was wondering if commas are allowed in emails that are used to join Zoom meetings? If so, is there any filtering on characters in an email address used to join a Zoom meeting?

Error
None

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?

Which Endpoint/s?
https://api.zoom.us/v2/archive_files/

Screenshots (If applicable)

1 Like

Hey @nathancronauer,

Thanks for reaching out about this—we’re working on confirming this for you and will follow up shortly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.