Video SDK for React Native

Hi,

I am a React Native developer. I tried to integrate the Zoom SDK with the followings

1. Install the Zoom SDK
    sudo npm install @zoom1234/react-native-videosdk --save

2. Type the import statement in the React Native Project

import { ZoomVideoSdkProvider, useZoom,  EventType } from 'react-native-zoom-video-sdk';

The error shown the react-native-zoom-video-sdk could not be found with the project.

1. I am not understand how to integrate the iOS SDK and Android SDK to the project. Should I create the only download the iOS and Android ZoomSDK and copy to the development folder? Any following step should I do?

2. I tried to run the following steps in Quickstart sample app, but ‘yarn example start’ did not work.

Hi Thomas - thanks for posting! I agree - something with the docs there might be missing - I’m working through some steps on my end to be sure I can replicate them - I’ll pass that along soon. Thanks!

Hi Kelly. May I have the updates for the missing document?

It turns out that using npm to install the Zoom Video SDK into your project doesn’t work very well as the SDK uses a wrapper around the entire project. You can use these directions to get a general idea of how it would be implemented - Sample app walkthrough.

The easiest solution would be to download the example and plug your app into that framework.

Once you download the React Native wrapper, download the matching Android and iOS Video SDK files and follow these guides to get those parts up and running.

Android

iOS

I hope this gets you further along; let me know if not, and I will provide more guidance where I can. We are actively working on ways to make this easier, and if you have any recommendations on where we could help this process out for you, please let me know. Thanks!

hey I have integrate zoom video sdk integration in my react native app . i have added android sdk(mobilertc) in my app and install the @zoom/react-native-videosdk package but after installing i am getting many error as zoomVideoSdk class not found in my package files and many other their classes and interface are not found so please give me some solution i have been trying since long but yet i haven’t got any solution.reply ASAP

@tirajib291 Can you make a new topic and provide the version numbers and any other pertinent code that may be helpful? Thanks!

Hi Kelly, I know this is a late reply, but could you elaborate on why the SDK is available (and apparently kept up to date) on NPM if it cannot be used when installed directly? Are there any known / documented use cases for which the SDK should be installed via npm?

I believe that this is old enough to be outdated, and you can install everything with NPM now.

1 Like