Virtual island idea, feasible with zoom video sdk?

Description
Hi zoom community.

I came a cross this cool concept called Mibo:
https://getmibo.com/

Basically the idea is that for informal video calls like team checkins, social gatherings, etc you can move around in a “minecraft like” environment while your head is your video.

It mimicks informal gathering as the further away you walk from someone the less you hear them.

i’m just curious if this is something that could be buit and replicated using the zoom video sdk or is something like web rtc more adequate?

Curious on thoughts and perspectives!

Hey @victor.val ,

Yes! That is a great use case for the Video SDK! :slight_smile:

Very cool, thanks for sharing and please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Tommy

It mimicks informal gathering as the further away you walk from someone the less you hear them.

From my understanding, this won’t be possible. It looks like the audio is all combined into a single stream on zoom’s end and there is no volume control for individual users. Video would work fine, but since you can’t adjust various users’ audio levels, you wouldn’t get the effect of them being quieter the farther away you are.

Hey @bekit ,

That is correct and currently how audio works with the Video SDK.

-Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.