Waiting room not working for personal meeting ID

Description
I’d like visitors to be able to join before the host, but then sit in the waiting room, using a personal meeting ID.

Error
When my meeting is set to “Enable Waiting Room”, attempting to join as an anonymous web visitor errors saying the meeting hasn’t started.

Which version?

I’m using the sample app out of the box: https://github.com/zoom/sample-app-web/blob/master/CDN/js/meeting.js

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Configure a PMI to “enable waiting room”
  2. Try to join via the webSDK
  3. See that you cannot join the waiting room until the host arrives

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: Macbook Pro
  • Version: 10.15.6 (19G2021)
  • Browser: Chrome Version 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hey @jamison.fox

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

I’m impressed by the bot post here! But it appears that post may be outdated, as I no longer see this warning in the docs:

Hey @jamison.fox,

This is still the case. Looks like we removed it from the docs when we refactored them. I will make sure we add this back! :slight_smile:

CC @shrijana.g

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Thank you for pointing this out @jamison.fox and @tommy. We have added it back!

Thanks,
Shrijana

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.