We need a user interface that users trust server certificates

Description
We want to make a user interface for environments where users have to show their willingness to trust server certificates.

For Zoom app with Windows.
“Untrusted server certificate” can be trusted at the user’s discretion.

Snap17

Snap18

Our app using the Android Meeting SDK does not implement above UI, so users cannot have Zoom meetings in above environment. We need to implement the same user interface as Zoom app.

How do we implement a user interface that trusts server certificates?
Is there any documentation or sample code on this content?
I would like to you to teach us how to do it.

Which Mobile Meeting SDK version?
Android Meeting SDK 5.2.42043.1112

Devices:

• Device: Our company products

Hi @aoki-ik, thanks for the post.

Since you provided a screenshot from the Windows client, we can’t really map that over to something within the Android SDK. Is there an equivalent you’ve seen when using the Android client that you could provide?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom, Thank you for your replay.

Screenshots I presented is for Windows. When I tried it on Zoom app for Android, I got an error and Zoom app didn’t launch. I didn’t take a screenshot, so I will take it next time. It is not easy to take because it is our client environment.

What I’m talking about is how to deal(coding) with Zoom Android SDK when we receive an untrusted server certificate.

For Zoom app,
Windows version: When launching the app, an alert will be displayed stating that it is an untrusted server certificate and users can allow it.
Android version: When launching the app, an error was displayed and the app could not be launched.

What should I do for Zoom Android SDK? For example,
can I do anything with “ZoomSDKInitializeListener.onZoomSDKInitializeResult”? or Can I use “NetworkConnectionListener” to deal with it. I read SDK Reference but I couldn’t find any information or sample code to handle this situation.

Hi @aoki-ik,

There are a number of significant differences between how Windows and Android will respond to various scenarios from an OS level all the way up to the SDK’s implementation. To avoid confusion, it will be best if we find exactly which error you are seeing on Android and address it from there. Please let me know once you are able to reproduce the error on Android so we can proceed. :slightly_smiling_face:

In case it helps, some information that would be good to have at a minimum would be the steps to reproduce the error, whether or not it is reproducible in the SDK sample app, and exactly what the error is.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.