[web] Allowing a participant to join the waiting room before the host arrives

Description
Hi! I’m working on a website where users can talk to their clients one-on-one. We’re currently working on integrating an in-browser integration of Zoom and one of the features we’re looking to add is allowing the participants to join ahead of the call (or even during the call but before the host joins) so they can get set up, but ideally still in the waiting room so the host also has time to prepare before letting the participants in.

I’ve tried enabling the Waiting Room for the call, but when I join the call as a participant, I’m shown the message: “Please wait until the meeting’s start time before trying again.” (This message is also confusing when I joined at 2:31pm for a 2:30pm call.)

Scenario: Joining a call whose time is already started but whose host isn’t there yet, with the Waiting Room enabled.
Expected behavior: The participant can join the waiting room.
Actual behavior on the app: The participant can join the waiting room.
Actual behavior on the web: An incorrect prompt to “wait until the meeting’s start time”. Neither the success callback nor the error callback is triggered.

Is there no way or workaround for me to allow participants into the waiting room while the host is not yet in?

Which Web Meeting SDK version?
We’re on the latest Web Meeting SDK: 2.13.0.

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: MacBook Pro (Apple M1 Pro)
  • Browser: Firefox
  • Browser Version: 114.0.2 (64-bit)

Actually. Never mind. Apparently we overwrote the labels and this has caused my confusion. :woman_facepalming:

The default label would’ve been “Meeting has not started”.

We can overwrite this label to mention that the host isn’t in yet, and when the host joins, the participant would be moved to the waiting room.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.