Web Meeting SDK version 1.9.9, when participant sent message it shows wrong sender name

Description
when participant sent message it shows wrong sender name.

Error
when participant sent message it shows wrong sender name. e.g. HOST to Everyone

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. send message from participant
  2. View in host chat window - it shows Host To Everyone

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Laptop
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version 94.0.4606.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional context
It should display like “participants_Name To Everyone”

@tommy

Hey @vbhosale ,

Is that participant who sent the message the host of the meeting / webinar?

-Tommy

@tommy , this is from meeting SDk and message sender is participant not a host.

Hey @vbhosale,

The name used there will follow what is set in the userName field when calling ZoomMtg.join(). Please make sure that you aren’t hard coding the userName as I wasn’t able to reproduce this behavior with the Sample Web App.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM , In ZoomMtg.join() we are binding name dynamically, so the is nothing like hard code.

JFI, One thing is there, we have WebSDK for WebApp & Mobile SDK is for Mobile APP.
So message is from MobileSDK to WebSDK (Mobile App to Web App)

Hey @vbhosale,

Thank you for clarifying that. So far, I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue.

Just to make sure that I understand, does this only happen when using the Mobile SDK and Mobile App? Are you able to reproduce this with Just the Mobile SDK, or Just the Web SDK or with the Client and Web SDK?

Thanks,
Max

Hi! @MaxM @tommy

I’m also facing this issue from couple of days, the thing happening is that when a member sends message to Everyone then web SDK shows it as host whereas when member sends message privately, it works fine.

The thing to note is that Its happening only with Android devices and not with iOS.

Screen shot attached below:

Hey @haider.saleem,

Thanks for following up on this.

Can you clarify what you mean by that? Is a user on the Web SDK sending a message to everyone and then when viewed with the Android Meeting SDK it says it’s from the host?

If you’re able to send steps to reproduce this issue I’ll replicate this on my end and then work with our engineering team if necessary.

Thanks,
Max

Hi!

Here are the steps to reproduce:

• Join session as a host on web (web sdk 1.9.9).

• Join session as a participant on android app.

• Send a message from participant to everyone and view it on host chat view (Web), it’ll appear as message sent by host instead of member.

I hope its clear now, you can also check the screenshot attached above taken from web portal of host.

@MaxM any updates on it?

@MaxM , @tommy any update on the same?

Hey @haider.saleem,

My apologies for the delay here. Just one more question that should assist in me reproducing this issue:

When you say that you are joining on the Android app - do you mean an app that you have created with the Android SDK or with the Zoom Android App?

Thanks,
Max

Hi,

By android app I mean the app I developed with the Zoom Android SDK.

Hey @haider.saleem,

Thanks for following up on this. Do you see this when using the Sample Android Build as well? What version of the SDK are you using when you see this?

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.