Web SDK 2.0.1 Not sending error codes in ZoomMtg.join error callback

Description
We are counting on the Zoom WebSDK for serving live events on our website. Previously, when using version 1.9.9, when the ZoomMtg.join method ran, if the user’s passcode was incorrect or the meeting hadn’t started, it would give me those respective errors in the error callback. For v.2.0.1, no errors are being passed through the callback and Zoom is instead just showing the respective “Passcode Wrong” and “Meeting has not started” screens. For us though, we would like to leverage join errors by serving users our own custom UI for when the meeting hasn’t started or the passcode is incorrect. What happened to the error codes?

Browser Console Error
No errors. This is actually the problem :slight_smile:

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

Meeting SDK Code Snippets

ZoomMtg.init({
      leaveUrl: meetingConfig.leaveUrl,
      disablePreview: true,
      videoDrag: false,
      success: (success) => {
        ZoomMtg.join({
          signature: signature,
          meetingNumber: meetingConfig.meetingNumber,
          userName: meetingConfig.userName,
          apiKey: apiKey,
          userEmail: meetingConfig.userEmail,
          passWord: meetingConfig.passWord,
          tk: meetingConfig.registrantToken,
          success: (success) => {
            console.log(success);

},
          error: (error) => {
            console.log(error);
            // This is where we're expecting error codes to come when meeting hasn't started or passcode is wrong.  Then below we would control state to serve separate UIs, but no errors are coming in the callback.
            const { errorCode } = error;
            // If meeting has not started
            if (errorCode === 3008) handlers.setActivePlank("earlyEntry");
            // If passcode is incorrect
            if (errorCode === 3004) handlers.setActivePlank("enterPasscode");
          },
        });
      },
      error: (error) => {
        console.log(error);
      },
    });

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Just console.log errors using the standard implementation and you will see that errors don’t come for the cases described above.

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Macbook Pro
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version: Version 95.0.4638.69 (Official Build) (x86_64)
1 Like

Actually, i’m now noticing the Chrome sourcemaps error coming in the console. Looks like it could be related to the failed HTTP response containing the error codes we need:

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://source.zoom.us/2.0.1/lib/webim.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 403, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

Source came from this file: https://source.zoom.us/2.0.1/lib/webim.min.js.map

Also tried this on Firefox. Same thing, Zoom is doing the right thing by showing the “Passcode wrong” screen to enable a user to re-enter a password, but we don’t want this. We want to hook into error callback and use the codes to present alternate UI.

Here’s the request details for the 304 error (from Firefox inspector) on the webim.min.js file

I have now also reproduced this using the sample app for 2.0.1: GitHub - zoom/sample-app-web: Zoom Web SDK Sample App

Using the CDN method, you will be able to reproduce the issue and you won’t see any error codes on “meeting not started” or “passcode incorrect”

Hey @mattmcd,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I was able to reproduce this issue and have reached out to our engineering team. I’ll get back to you when I have more information.

(ZOOM-321705)

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.