Web SDK in-meeting chat messages not sending

Some additional information on this issue. When a chat message is submitted by one of the participants, a console error is logged for the recipient.

It is throwing a “Uncaught TypeError: a is undefined” at zoom-meeting-1.8.0.min.js:2:1919855. This seems to be a problem with “a.ImportKey” not being set at the time a chat message is sent.

1 Like

We are also seeing the issue @sales1 described in the 1.8.0 version though I have been unable to see any errors in the console or in the network tab.

1 Like

Any update on when we can expect a resolution?

Since HIPPA zoom prevents copy and pasting of chat, would that prevent chat from working in the SDK completely because it’s not really possible to fully prevent copy pasting chat?

Hey @sales1, @erichhansen, @sg_dev,

We are still looking into this issue. I will provide an update as soon as we figure out what is causing the chats not to send.

-Tommy

Any updates on this? Can we confirm whether or not it has to do with HIPPA zoom?

Hey @sales1,

Apologies for the delay. We will confirm as soon as we can. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy I’m not sure if this is helpful to your investigation but we are also HIPAA enabled. I retested this morning with Web SDK 1.8.1 and this issue is still present. See below screenshot (same meeting but very different chats). The meeting id for this example is.

Hey @erichhansen,

This is very helpful, thank you! :slight_smile: I will let you know what we find.

-Tommy

Any update on this issue @tommy?

Hey @erichhansen,

We are still in the process of looking into this. We appreciate your patience! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Any updates on this? We also have the HIPAA compliant version. With no chat, we might have to switch to another provider.

Hey @brookek,

We have found the root cause and are working on a fix. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

A clarification on an earlier comment - while we have a BAA in place for HIPAA compliance in our production env, the account we use for testing does not have HIPAA in place. So possibly it is unrelated to HIPAA since I have seen this issue with our test account.

Thanks for the clarification @erichhansen! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hey @sales1 , @erichhansen , @b_ting , @brookek , @sg_dev ,

This should be fixed on Jan 10th, this weekend. Please make sure you are on Web SDK 1.8.5 or higher, and have the Private Chat setting turned ON in your Zoom Web Portal settings:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi,

We are using web SDK for our zoom meeting, we can not connect our webcam and microphone also We can not sent or receive chat messages, can you help us why it sill not work, we have already on private chat form our setting. we can see host video and all other participate video but no one can sent chat messages. only host video display rest of member audio and video not connect.

If we connect through zoom all functions is working in same browser.

Need your support to resolve this issue.

Hey @netservicesindia ,

Please create a new topic here: #client-web-sdk and fill out the post template so we have enough details to help! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy