Web SDK version 1.7.9 is released!

@nvivot - yes correct Captcha has an issue with Reg Ex, in one of my eexamples I am using NGROK tunnels, and the domain is https://xxxxxx.yyyyy.ngrok.io/ - as such the Reg Ex will break. I setup a different domain to get around this issue for the moment. We will wait for CAPTCHA option to be disabled, we cant roll out with the CAPTCHA option at the moment.

I am expereincing another issue with 1.7.8 and also with 1.7.9 - I wonder if you are experiencing this aswell? V 1.7.7 the vide stream is very stable works pretty much all the time, but in 1.7.8 and 1.7.9, the vide stream works 1 out of 10 trys. By any chance are you experiencing something similar?

About the vide stream, i’m going to perform tests this afternoon. Except with low specs machines i do not notice any issue with video in general.

But one bug we do have with previous version when running a meeting as host with a very high spec machine, then the video of the joiner is not visible. The vide stream is active and good, but just not shown (black screen for the non host video). This is clearly a UI bug and not a vide stream bug.
And from the few tests performed until now, the 1.7.9 do not fix this.
It was said that with the audio / video library sync when loading (introduced in 1.7.9) this would probably be fixed, i had a doubt about it since it’s more a UI bug, now we have confirmation…

asked for disabling captcha

Mark Esguerra (Zoom) 

Jul 1, 2020, 11:42 AM PDT
Hi Grupo Uno,

Thanks for contacting Zoom Support!

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Captcha verification on our site. We use the Captcha service from Google to help protect our sites from spam and abuse. We have no ability to disable the Captcha service on our sites, as this is set globally.

To fix most common issues with Captcha, you can try that same page with a different web browser or different computer. If still having an issue, you might try using the browser on your mobile device, making sure to disconnect from your wifi and use 4G service instead, as that would allow you to access that page from a completely different network.

Please let us know if there are any other questions concerning Captcha access and we will be glad to assist.

Thanks,
Mark

1 Like

This exactly. We’ve found that this only works on 1.7.7 and that you can make the video start working if the host start screen sharing first (from the zoom native client) then disables screen sharing; thereafter the video will work.

Exactly, and it’s definitely not an option for the host to have to start sharing something to get the video.
Another thing to mention, when they are multiple attendees, we noted this affect the host for only 1 of the participants (the first who joined - but not really sure about that)

@JackYang we already reported that bug with an internal ticket. Since it’s not fixed with 1.7.9 could you please increase the priority on it: not having the video for a host with high spec CPU is not acceptable.

This issue seems to be UI (not on the video stream itself) and due to an inappropriate management of available threads / concurrency issue (race condition) with high spec CPU. This is present since 1.7.7 as also mentioned by @flippyhead

I originally posted 7 days ago, and am still having the same issues with 1.7.9 and the recaptcha. What I am understanding is this feature cannot be disabled and there no plans to allow the disabling of this feature. Please correct me if I am off base with that assumption.

This would be fine if it just worked, but it still does not. I attempted to update to the 1.7.9.1 due to production being on custom ports, but that version had the same issue with the error message indicating incognito mode when we are not in incognito.

We are seeing black screen issue as several people reporting here with 1.7.9 version and some times there was issue on audio as well. Did you guys find any solution ?

I think it should be fixed now in version 1.7.10. Try it out and report back if it works!

1 Like

If I read this correctly it seems that the recaptcha feature cannot be disabled. Is there going to be an option in a future release to disable this feature?

Hey @erichhansen, @vijayk.kannan, @pat, @nvivot, @flippyhead, @victor_999, @darragh.duffy,

Version 1.7.10 was just released addressing the black screen and recaptcha issues with some domains.

Bug Fixes

1. Fixed random video black screen in meeting.
  2. Fixed recaptcha don’t work on some domain.

Please upgrade to 1.7.10:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

@tommy Thanks for the update, I couldn’t find a changelog for 1.7.10 - does it include options for disabling reCaptcha? In our case our users are already authenticated and we do not want them to have to go through reCaptcha to join a meeting.

1 Like

Hey @erichhansen, and everyone,

If you would like to request your account be whitelisted to remove the recaptcha feature, please fill out this form:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks , I have added the details , whats the lead time for whitelisting?

Hey @vijayk.kannan,

You should be good to go! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

How about the rest of us :slight_smile: Filed out the form early last week and still seems not to have been whitelisted. Thanks!

Hi, we just submitted the request to disable on all zoom accounts that our company has.

We submitted 2 forms 1 with just 1 account and the other 1 with all of our other accounts.

Just pinging for the processing time

Thanks

Hey @adamkohm,

You should also be good to go. An email was sent last night notifying the first 22 people who submitted the form.

@developer-whova, we will do another batch as soon as we can. You will be notified via the email you submitted once complete.

Thanks,
Tommy

This will not be very convienent for users relying on the Zoom Web SDK if each user will have to request opt out for the recaptcha, are you guys working on a more flexible approach towards this issue?

@JackYang any update on 1) safari default can’t pass checking?
it can not pass the captcha check even if opening without the incognito mode. It always show the error that you are inside incognito mode on captcha validation. The issue is both on MacOS and IOS Safari browser.

@SimoneLabianca currently, safari default prevent Cross-site Tracking. need solve it by re-config safari.
in our plan, next week don’t need re-config safari and can pass recaptcha checking. https://zoom.github.io/sample-app-web/captcha