Web SDK with WebCodecs on 1.9.8 not showing user/participant video

Hi @nvivot

We tried removing the web isolation but then SharedArrayBuffer remains false. Below is the screenshot for the console

If possible, we can have a screen share also to go through the issue.

Regards
Atul

Hey @helloparent ,

Have you tried just using the SharedArrayBuffer Origin Trial?

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/overview/improve-performance#implementing-chrome-origin-trials

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy

We had tried to keep only the SharedBufferArray but then it remains false and the issue remains unresolved.

Did you verify that the Origin Trial for the Shared Array Buffer you are using apply for the domain name your are testing on ? Could it be an OT for another domain and therefore the OT does not apply.

When we apply the Web isolation trials along with COOP headers, the SharedBufferArray returns true. However, in that case, we are not able to join audio or video.

If you have shared array buffer when you activate web isolation, but not when you do not activate web isolation and use the shared array buffer OT, this confirm that your origin trial for shared array buffer is invalid.
An origin trial works for a specific domain / host name, and for a certain period. You should verify your current OT whether it applies to the correct host and is still valid (not ended). In all case, it’s probably easier to just re-create a token for this origin trial (with the expected host name), replace & test again with only the shared array buffer origin trial without web isolation. I don’t see any (obvious) reason for that not to work.

I suspect that your generated your shared array buffer origin trial before they extends the date to July 2022 (due to recent decision) and therefore, unless you renewed in between, the original date was until the end of Chrome 92.
Please renew it, and the validity / working period would be up to July 2022 for your new token.

Hi @nvivot ,

Thanks for your response. Our Trial was valid till Dec’21. But I still renewed the trial and updated the code with new token. (Below is the screenshot)

This still returns SharedBufferArray as false.

This is the console screenshot if this helps:

Regards
Atul

Hi

Another thing to note is that :

If I keep my Audio/Video On from the preview page, I do not get any error in the console. However, SharedBufferArray trials still remain false:

How do we get the SharedBufferARray trial to run true? Do we have to put any cross-origin related headers in the code to make this true?

Regards
Atul

Hey @helloparent ,

You do not need any cross-origin related headers.

All you need is a SharedArrayBuffer token and to put the token in a meta tag on your HTML pages:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/overview/improve-performance#implementing-chrome-origin-trials

Example:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy

I am doing the same thing and have attached the screenshot for them in my last post. How do I know what is going wrong?

I have removed the Web SIMD token as suggested by you in earlier posts.

Regards
Atul

Hey @helloparent ,

Double check you have the Shared Array Buffer origin trial, and that it is not expired.

Also, make sure you have the meta tag on all your web pages.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi All.

Have been able to resolve this issue without the use of SharedBufferArray trials or Web SIMD. We followed the below steps:

1. We added the below lines to our nginx.conf file:

add_header Cross-Origin-Embedder-Policy require-corp;
add_header Cross-Origin-Opener-Policy same-origin;
add_header Cross-Origin-Resource-Policy cross-origin;

1. We added cross origin header to all tags where we were using 3rd party resources in our code.

Post this we did not add the SharedBufferArray Trials or SIMD.

Regards
Atul

2 Likes

Hey @helloparent ,

I am happy to hear that you got it working! :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing your approach!

-Tommy

@tommy I think there are still issues for attendees to see host video when the host shares the screen, any updates on this?

Hey @giancarlo1,

Thanks for following up on this. Are you able to elaborate on the issues that you’re still encountering?

Thanks,
Max

@MaxM

Yes there are still issues with 1.9.9, everything you have asked for us to do (origin trials, domain isolation etc.). Screenshare does not work at all. Black screen of death.
It is amazing how a simple set of features are not working together.

What we need is this for Chrome 94+

1. Host should see Gallery View
  2. Host should be able to transmit their view to remote users and see remote users via gallery view
  3. Host should be able to screenshare successfully
  4. Host should be able to mute/unmute remove user’s video and audio
  5. Host should be able to remove “raise your hand”

Now that’s the simplest test we are asking before we claim it is working.
Please share your results here.

AK

@MaxM The issue is described in the below thread. It was closed because of inactivity but I think there is already a ticket for that one

Hey @giancarlo1,

Thank you for clarifying, my apologies that the topic was closed. In regard to that post it seems it is expected behavior. I re-opened that topic and added this information there as well:

Thanks,
Max

Sorry I just found this thread, but we are running Version 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit) and we upgraded to 2.01 and still see this issue. I tried 2.0.0 and same problem. Message I am getting is “Update your browser to the latest version of Chrome and SAB support to use Speaker/Gallery View”. Yet I am on the latest version of Chrome.

This is resolved, needed to add the Origin Trial token.