Webhook always showing 401 and not sending notifications

I’ve created a Webhook to try to send event notifications to Microsoft Flow. The problem is the events never even seem to be sent out, because Flow would show me the endpoint was accessed but it hasn’t been at all. When checking the logs for the Webhook, it just shows 401. Any ideas what could be happening?

I wonder if it has something to do with the way Microsoft Flow URLs are. I’ve wrote a PHP bridge between the Webhook and Flow, and it does work, but it is of course ideally to connect them straight to each other. I had read a on a JIRA forum about replacing all instances of %2F with / in the URL and it working for them, but it had no effect when I tried it with Zoom.

Hi @TRC-Techs,

We are working on your issue and will respond to you as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks

@TRC-Techs,

Please accept my apologies for not responding in time.

I have responded to you via personal message.

Thanks,

Hi @ojus.zoom,
I have the same issue when trying to connect webhhook to MS Flow. Can you please post possible solution? Thanks in advance.

Hi @oleksandr.olashyn,

Are you a free user? If yes, we recently made some changes that could impact you. Please see this for more details:

Hi @ojus.zoom,

I have Business and Webinar license.

Hey @oleksandr.olashyn,

Please share more details like how you setup your Webhook to work with MS Flow.

What webhook events are you trying to use? What is the endpoint url?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

I am trying to get information when webinar registrants are created. As an endpoint url I am using url that is automatically generated by MS Flow (my trigger step in MS Flow is Http Request Received). In the webhook logs I can see next error message - “The request has both SAS authentication scheme and ‘BEARER’ authorization scheme. Only one scheme should be used.”. After further investigation I found that Azure Logic App (and MS Flow respectively) only support SAS authentication and there is no need for Authorization header. Is there any workaround for it?

Hey @oleksandr.olashyn,

It sounds like Zoom webhooks are sending properly to your endpoint URL.

I would suggest reaching out to the Microsoft Flow team for support on how to accept webhooks with the Authorization header.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,
Will reach out to Microsoft. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

You are welcome!

Please keep us updated! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hello @oleksandr.olashyn : did you get anywhere with Microsoft on this issue?

I’m experiencing the same 401 error, with no indication that Power Automate is receiving the web hook trigger and am trying to sort out how to get past this hurdle.

@tommy : any new guidance from your end on how to work with PowerAutomate to catch Zoom Webhooks? I’ve read the other threads about using a different service (I’m temporarily using Zapier as a go-between), and suggestions from other platforms to modify the header of the sender to remove the extra authentication on that end (which I don’t see as on option in Zoom). Anything else to try?

Or can the solution/response from May’19 be shared with the forum, please?

Thank you.

Hey @zalalami,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I looked into historical forum topics and found one that might be helpful:

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
Max

@MaxM - I saw that forum post, and it doesn’t answer the question; just lands at using something different, which I’m already doing in adding Zapier to the mix.

So is there no guidance on working with Power Automate?

Can the header on the Zoom end be modified to remove authentication?

Can the solution hinted at in the May’19 post of this thread be shared?

Thank you,

Zak.

Hey @zalalami,

Thank you for the update. Unfortunately, we don’t have any documentation covering how to use Power Automate. Further, we can’t remove the authentication header on our end.

I think the solution to the issue mentioned above was sent in Ojus’s next reply:

Thanks,
Max