Webhook Event Subscriptions not firing for sub-accounts

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Create a simple webhook app here:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/user/build

1. In “Event Subscriptions” put your endpoint URL and subscribe to Meeting > Meeting has been updated.

2. In your personal Zoom account schedule a meeting and then edit the meeting name

Editing the meeting name correctly fires the webhook as you can see in the webhook logs:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/user/logs?type=WebhookOnly&appType=webhook

1. In a sub-users account schedule a meeting and then edit the meeting name

EXPECTED RESULT

Editing the meeting name correctly fires the webhook which can be seen in the webhook logs.

ACTUAL RESULT

No webhook is fired for the sub-user account.

Meanwhile, in the documentation it says:

By creating a Webhook app on the Zoom App Marketplace, you can subscribe to one or more events for all users in an account.

How can I make the webhook fire for all users in my account? I’m on a Pro (Named Host) plan.

Hi @mindie ,

Do you see this option for the master account marketplace admin webhook app?

Can you please confirm that it is selected?

Thank you,
Gianni

Hi @gianni.zoom ,
I just tested again and it is working now. I didn’t make any changes to the webhook. The issue appears to have resolved itself.

Does it take some time for new webhooks to propagate to all users of an account? I had the same issue with another webhook as well that later resolved itself.

Hi @gianni.zoom ,
Also, I don’t see that event notification receiver selection in the webhook app. There is no such setting for me.

Hi @mindie since you do not see that selection option, are you sure you have a master account as opposed to a multi-user account?

Hi @gianni.zoom ,
You are right, turns out I have a multi-user account.

However, that wasn’t the cause of this issue.

My question turned out to be the reason:

“ Does it take some time for new webhooks to propagate to all users of an account? I had the same issue with another webhook as well that later resolved itself.”

John from Zoom developer support answered my other ticket and said:

“Yes, That is currently within behavior expectations and can take time based on the size of the account.”

So basically webhooks should fire for all users of a multi-user account or master account but it can take time for new webhooks or webhook changes to propagate to all users.

Hi @mindie ,

I see! I’m glad they were able to assist further!

Gianni

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.