Webhook logs for non-Webhook Only

Description
How are we able to track if a specific webhook was properly fired without a log?
We use the JWT auth.

I saw two closed topics with this issue (and many more with related requests):

Error
No log :slight_smile:, so can’t really know.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT (or really any none Webhook Only)

Which Endpoint/s?
Any webhook

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create JWT app
  2. Activate webhook
  3. Allow webhook to run
  4. Check logs. No logs! :astonished:

Screenshots (If applicable)
N/A

Additional context
It would be exceptionally helpful to have a log of webhook calls since they are triggered by the Zoom system. Zoom is the only source of truth for this, so if Zoom does not provide the logs, there is no way to know where a problem originates.

Hey @ZoomFan2,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and can definitely appreciate your feedback on this. If you have a Webhook-Only app, these will be logged in your Marketplace dashboard, but it’s a great suggestion to add these logs more widely, and it’s something that’s on our roadmap longer term.

In the meantime, if you need any help troubleshooting webhook issues, we’re always happy to help! Are you currently not seeing payloads that you expected to be triggered by Zoom?

Let me know!
Will

My question was how we can track if a webhook was properly fired. It sounds like the only way is by asking you to check. Is that correct? (That seems mighty inefficient.)

That first issue I referenced above was from over a year ago and said that it was on the roadmap. Any chance it is on the roadmap for the near future?

Hey @ZoomFan2,

Thanks for clarifying. At this time, unless you’re using a Webhook-Only app, it’s not possible to track the firing of webhooks via Zoom.

While I don’t have a concrete timeline for when you can expect more logging from our end, it is still on our roadmap. In the meantime, if you ever need a hand troubleshooting or confirming issues with webhooks, you can always reach out to us here.

Thanks,
Will

Thanks. Anyway you can tie my ZoomFan2 account to my ZoomFan account. I am unable to log into that account here in anyway, since I had to change my email address on my zoom login. Are you able to tie the ZoomFan and ZoomFan2 accounts together?

Hey @ZoomFan2,

Our Support Team should be able to help with that!

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.