Webhook only app for end users

Is it possible to publish webhook only apps to the market? I have end users who only need to push recorded meetings to an endpoint, but they can be less than tech savvy so having them create their own webhook only apps seems problematic.

Maybe I’m missing something somewhere but I can’t seem to find any way to

Hey @mattfred,

You can push an OAuth app to the App Marketplace that has “Event Subscriptions” to capture events from the users who install it.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy ,

Thanks for the help! I’m looking into this, but I’m very new to OAuth. I’m unclear on the workflow here. If I understand correctly, I can have users register for my site using OAuth or I can have them install the App from the market first and then register for my site after they install, correct? They will be redirected to the endpoint I provide after accepting the permissions?

Does my endpoint need to handle cases where the user is not yet registered on my site as well as cases where they have previously used zoom OAuth to register? It’s unclear to me how I connect the token that the redirect contains to an existing account.

In the short term, I don’t really care about the Authentication as long as the webhook is submitting their recordings because I’m using voice identification to determine who is in the meeting. Is it viable to just redirect to a simple info page and not do anything with the authentication? Will the the webhooks still work? Would such an app be approved for publication on the market?

Thanks. I know this is way more into OAuth than Zoom questions but any help is appreciated (even if it’s just that I need to really read about OAuth)!

Hey @mattfred,

This is a great question.

I believe if the user just authorizes the app that is all you need and Webhooks will work! :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have more questions or if you want me to explain further over a call next week.

Thanks,
Tommy