[Resolved with 1.7.4+] Web SDK / Web Client from browser: 403 Forbidden

This is honestly ridiculous, how could it go offline in the middle of the day for maintenance. We have events running and are in a frenzy here. This is not good.

Hey everyone,

We are working to get the Zoom Web Client and Zoom Web SDK back online. Please keep up with our status page for detailed updates: status.zoom.us

The best workaround is to use the Zoom Desktop / Mobile app.

Just include the Zoom meeting join url (https://zoom.us/j/meetingID) on your site rather than showing the websdk / iframe. Clicking on the join url will open the Zoom meeting in the Zoom app.

Apologies for the inconvenience,
Tommy

2 Likes

The communication around this has been very confusing. The status page marks this as “resolved” and your message above as the “solution” and yet this major part of your service remains down. What’s more, there has been no advance warning about this and no indication of how long it’s meant to last. It’s difficult if not impossible to know from what has been said here if this is intentional or some kind of technical problem that will be solved.

Either way it certainly doesn’t feel solved or resolved at all.

10 Likes

is there any more information on this in regards to timeline. We run classes (111 hosts) over the weekend using the web sdk, this is something we need to know sooner rather than later to work around!

5 Likes

Feels more like a feature update that broke the Web Client, rather than a planned maintenance. We’ve had success pointing a redirect to the full standard join URL akin to https://zoom.us/j/12345789, which I know is not ideal or practical for some, but some language and updates explaining to download the Zoom app with the meeting ID to join has helped us.

Any update from Zoom on timeline would be great. We have 2000+ health care staff with lots of patient virtual visits.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

The best workaround is to use the Zoom Desktop / Mobile app.

Just include the Zoom meeting join url on your site rather than showing the websdk / iframe. Clicking on the join url will open the Zoom meeting in the Zoom app.

Thanks,
Tommy

2 Likes

Sorry, but this is not workaround at all for us. We NEED web client. :frowning:

6 Likes

I agree. I refuse to download the Desktop / Mobile app.

3 Likes

This is not a workaround for us since we require use of the Web SDK.

4 Likes

We are dealing with a public population so web client is essential.

4 Likes

This is not a solution. We have tonnes of people depending on the web version. Do you have an ETA or any additional information about what is actually happening here?

4 Likes

Agreed, it’s not remotely good enough to point to the desktop client. Apart from the well publicized security holes and privacy problems, in a corporate environment like ours users are not allowed to download and install software - not to mention the fact that even if we would want to do that, they’re all working from home!
To (a) break this platform so fundamentally, (b) pretend for hours on the status page nothing is wrong, © utterly fail to promptly fix it and (d) not even give any detail about when and how this will be remedied is contemptuous of the user base and, frankly, amateur hour.

3 Likes

Hello. My neither zoom app works nor desktop ones. Always show 104103 error message even my internet works good

1 Like

We had teachers planning Zoom meetings all day today with students which ended up being a wasted day because they only have the join from browser option for the students. We have unhappy teachers because of this.

4 Likes

whAT the heck, I had to make another account just to complain here?
More importantly, FIX YOUR SERVERS, the ability to join classes, work meetings, or any other social function should not be inhibited by the fact that your company wants people to download your sketchy application at all costs. You have the ability to give people entry into sessions through their browsers, make it possible to do so again.

3 Likes

That (blog post inaccuracy on timing) was my fault, I misunderstood what was communicated to me, and I fixed everything this morning. Please accept my apologies for the incongruent information in the blog post.

We need the web client as our students have restrictions on our school devices and cannot install the app.

3 Likes

Yes! I teach 4th grade and our school devices cannot install the Zoom software. I just tested the “join from browser” link with my students yesterday and it worked just fine. Hopefully this gets solved soon!

Hello everyone,

Let me be the first to say we understand what kind of stress this is adding to your lives. For that, we can only offer our apologies and assurances that we are hard at work bringing up these services. It is a top priority for us.

As you can imagine, we don’t want to provide false hope, and at the moment, we just don’t have enough information to share an accurate timeline. Senior leadership and I are closely monitoring this and will update the status page as we know more.

I apologize for any and all inconveniences this has caused you and hope that you and your families are well through this challenging time.

5 Likes