Webinar Registrant POST API

I’m building an app for the marketplace, which makes use of the OAuth authorization model. However, part of the application is to receive Webinar registrations via a 3rd party, then POST these to the Webinar. Based on the documentation, the Webinar API works only with OAuth, which is a client side thing. I need an ability to update a Webinar from the server side, without going through the complete Oauth process - as the server side can’t do it.

I would assume that something like a “Webinar Bearer Token” would have been useful here. For example, create a webinar using OAuth, obtain a unique token for interacting with the webinar - and store it locally in the application server.

Is this interaction possible?

Regards,
Nir S

Hey @nirs,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. If you would like to also have server-side, account-level, access to modifying Webinars then using a separate app that uses a JWT authentication method is the best option.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM,

Actually, I realised that I need to have the account “Integration Authentication” keys which should allow me to do it. However, it would seem that when using the https://zoom.us/oauth/token?grant_type=client_credentials endpoint - it doesn’t work.

Potentially I’m doing something wrong?

Nir S

Hey @nirs,

Thank you for the update. What is the response that you’re getting when you call that API? Do you get any errors in the response body? If not, I would make sure that you’re using a POST request and the Client ID and Secret are correct.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.