What all things are programmatically possible with Zoom Basic Account?

Hi There,

We are planning to develop an Android app which will allow users to connect using Zoom meetings as one of the connection media.

The end users will have Basic zoom account.

We have few technical queries regarding this.

1. What access of personal basic account do we get programmatically?
  2. Can we start meeting on user’s be half?
  3. Can we integrate Zoom video calling so that when one user taps on start meeting by visiting other user’s profile the other user gets a ring and he answers the meeting call?
  4. Do we get to know, who is there in the meeting?
  5. Do we get to know if the meeting is ON?
  6. Do we get to know, if user is Online?

We do have a Business Account.

What do we need to do further?

Few helpful links will be a great start.

Hey @amolkisan

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

No this thread is not helpful to answer my questions.

Hey @amolkisan,

Happy to help clarify!

What access of personal basic account do we get programmatically?

If a user is under your Zoom account, you’ll be able to access their user info via our Users API. If they’re not under your account, you can use an OAuth app which they can then authorize to allow you access to their data.

Can we start meeting on user’s be half?

If they’re a basic user with out a host, they will only be able to join meetings which you’ve created. They will not be able to start any group meetings.

Can we integrate Zoom video calling so that when one user taps on start meeting by visiting other user’s profile the other user gets a ring and he answers the meeting call?

This is not a functionality that we currently offer via our APIs. For this kind of functionality, you would need to use the full Zoom client and chat functions.

Do we get to know, who is there in the meeting?

You can query our Get Meeting Participant Report endpoint to know who attended a past meeting. Or, for real-time updates, you can subscribe to our Participant Joined webhook.

Do we get to know if the meeting is ON?

You can tell if a meeting has been started by subscribing to our Meeting Started webhook.

Do we get to know, if user is Online?

Zoom doesn’t have an ‘online’ status for Meeting participants, but you can assume from a participant joined webhook that a User is active in a meeting.

I hope this info is helpful!

Best,
Will

Hi @will.zoom

Thank you for reply.

Let me brief my requirement so that you can suggest a solution.

We are planning to host virtual agriculture exhibition. The end users are Farmers, Companies and Company Staff.

Company can add their staff from our web interface.

Staff and Farmers will be using our custom android app.

Our Requirement:

1. Farmer will visit company profile and see list of staff.
    By clicking on any of the staff member farmer should be able to start one to one video call with the staff member.
  2. Our system should know, if the Staff Member is already busy in any call.
    So that we can show him as busy and other Farmer will not be able to start the call when he is busy.
  3. Our System should also know, who all called the staff so that we can show call logs.

Please note:

• Farmer may not have Zoom account.
  • Staff member can have personal Zoom account.

Is there a solution available with Zoom for this requirement.

One more question:

1. Authorising OAuth app is possible from the web. But, how can user authorise our OAuth app from our custom Android app?

Hi @amolkisan,

In your particular instance, I would recommend that you designate your company/staff members as hosts who will be responsible for starting any of these 1:1 meetings. For this, you can use our Create Meeting endpoint:

In order to keep track of which company staff are already in a meeting/busy, I would recommend tracking this against your Users List with our Meeting started/ended webhooks which I mentioned previously. These webhooks include user IDs, so if you get a Meeting Started/Joined event for a staff member, you would remove them from your available list of hosts (until a Meeting Ended event for that use comes through).

To know who met with who, you can call the Past Meeting Participants endpoint:

I hope this information helps!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.