What does it mean when a room creates a meeting with the topic "Share Now"

My JWT app logs meeting data via the Meeting Created, Meeting Updated, and Meeting Deleted webhooks. Here’s an example of a recent log entry:

[14-Oct-2020 10:24:51 America/New_York] {"event":"meeting.created","payload":{"account_id":"XXXXXX","operator":"rooms_XXXXXX@XXXXXX.com","operator_id":"XXXXXX","object":{"uuid":"XXXXXX==","id":XXXXXX,"host_id":"XXXXXX","topic":"Share Now","type":2,"start_time":"2020-10-14T15:00:00Z","duration":30,"timezone":"GMT+8:00"}}}

What does it mean when operator begins with “rooms_” and why is the topic “Share Now?”

Hi @nyU7bjlP,

Thanks for joining our Developer Community!

In regards to the operator field, this is the email address of the user who created the meeting. Perhaps your organization is using a generic email for scheduling?

The topic would also be set by the meeting creator. You can see the schema for this payload here:

Let me know if this helps to clarify,
Will

Thanks Will. I have confirmed that this type of log data (operator starts with “rooms__”) occurs when a user creates a meeting while sitting inside of a Zoom Room. I’d guess that they don’t need to physically be in the room but that was our test scenario.

I don’t know how to account for the “Share Now” topic. When I use /zoom-api/meetings/meetings/ to get past meetings for a specific room, I see several meetings that all use that topic. Maybe that’s the default topic when a Zoom Room starts a meeting?

Hi @nyU7bjlP,

Thanks for confirming. Are you referring to the individual Meeting topics? If so, these are typically set by the host when the meeting is created/scheduled initially. I don’t believe we have a default topic.

Let me know if this helps to clarify,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.