What's the difference between the two app installation methods?

When I edit the details of my Marketplace app entry, I can choose between these two installation options, “Visit Site to Install” and “Install from marketplace”:
Clipboard%202

There’s no documentation on how the two options actually work, can you please elaborate here (and update the documentation in the future)? Does Site Install mean that the app won’t be visible in the Marketplace? And conversely, does choosing the “Install from marketplace” limit our ability to initiate the OAuth flow from our own site?

No, selecting “Visit Site to Install” does NOT hide the app from Zoom Marketplace once published, it just changes the “starting point” for where users install the app.

From your landing page (Visit Site to Install) === Users click the button in Marketplace, and go to your Integrations/Apps/Extensions URL, and the user clicks the button to begin installation (and OAuth kicks off from here to start the Authorization Flow process).

From Marketplace (Install) === Users click the button in Marketplace, and to begin the installation (and OAuth kicks off from here to start the Authorization Flow process).

They both have the exact same result, a user initiates the installation process and OAuth2 Authorization Flow to grant permissions to the app for accessing the Zoom API on their behalf.

Does this help answer your question please sir?

1 Like