When you turn on the 'hd' property of startVideo, the aspect ratio becomes distorted

When you turn on the ‘hd’ property of startVideo, the aspect ratio becomes around 9:10. When you turn off the ‘hd’ property, it returns to the normal 9:16 aspect ratio. Do you think any additional options are needed?

Here’s the actual code:

await stream.startVideo({
  virtualBackground: { imageUrl: 'url' },
  hd: stream.isSupportHDVideo(), 
  cameraId: 'cameraId' 
})

stream.renderVideo(
    element,
    sessionUserId,
    VideoQuality.Video_720P
)

Shared Array Buffer is ON.

Which version of the Web Video SDK?
Version 1.10.8

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Macbook Pro
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version 124.0.6367.61 Official Build arm64

Hey @joji.iizuka

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you share the session ID with us for troubleshooting purposes?

Thanks
Vic

Hey @vic.yang
Thank you for your reply!

The sessionID is lPSwpYyWRzKAsIgILiO2uA==
Thanks

Hey @joji.iizuka

After analyzing the log, we noticed that the initial capture resolution is 640x480, and after some time, it upgrades to 1280x720, which is the expected behavior.

Regarding video rendering, it relies on the calling side. In the example code provided, both the video width and height are set to 0. I tested a similar code locally, but I couldn’t visualize the video.

stream.renderVideo(
 element,
 sessionUserId,
  0, // width
  0, // height
  VideoQuality.Video_720P
)

Could you please review the video rendering implementation?

Thanks
Vic

Hey @vic.yang

Specifying width and height didn’t resolve the issue. Upon checking the logs using the ‘video-dimension-change’ event, it appears that after obtaining 1280x720, it’s then acquiring 640x480. I believe the order of acquisition is incorrect. Is there any solution to this?

Thanks

When you activate the ‘hd’ property of startVideo, it can lead to distortion in the aspect ratio.

Hey @reinanola241

Could you share the session ID and the camera model with us for troubleshooting purposes?

Thanks
Vic