Which API Gives information on Webinar Participants Audio Connections

Description
Can anyone please help me determine which API I should use to get information about how each of our attendees connected their audio to our conferences?

I can get a list of participants with this one (https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/dashboards/dashboardwebinarparticipants) but it doesn’t include how each participant joined their audio.

Ideally I’d like to know the details from each attendee, but even if I can get an aggregate for each webinar that would suffice (i.e, for webinar ID 827390XXX there was 698 total ‘computer minutes’, 521 total ‘computer audio minutes’, 50 total ‘call in minutes’ and 12 total ‘call me minutes’.)

I see in this topic from about a year ago that it might not be available (Audio Type information for each participant through API) is this still the case?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Zoom Webinar API

Thanks in Advance.

Hi @zoom100_e8_019,

At this time, this endpoint you’ve referenced would be the closest to what you’re looking for:

Any of the VoIP options would reflect a join by computer audio option, while Phone would reflect a dial-in for audio. This information is returned on Participant level.

Let me know if you have additional questions about this.

Thanks!
Will

Thank you Will, I think I’m a little confused about what part of the ‘Get Webinar Participants’ API gives us the VOIP Connection, or the audio minutes. Can you help me a little further?

• I see the parameter ‘Device’ which tells us what type of device was used to connect. I’m failing to see what would happen for a MAC user who pick the ‘Dial In’ option, how would it specify that it was BOTH Mac and PSTN?
  • It also doesn’t seem split out the difference join and exit times. If someone is on their computer for an hour, but only listens on the phone for 5 minutes, what values are returned?
  • When you say “Any of the VoIP options would reflect a join by computer audio option, while Phone would reflect a dial-in for audio. This information is returned on Participant level.” Where do I see VOIP in the JSON?

The goal is to do two things
A - Find out how many total minutes were spent in Zoom, and separately how many total minutes were spent in each audio type.
B - See this individual information for each participant (i.e. Joe joined Zoom at 11:58, got on the phone at 12:02, then hung up the phone at 12:37, and left the zoom event at 12:45)

Thank you,

Hi @zoom100_e8_019,

Happy to help clarify—I should note that this endpoint does not return all the information you’re looking for, but I believe comes closest in terms of the endpoints we have available. To answer your specific questions:

I see the parameter ‘Device’ which tells us what type of device was used to connect. I’m failing to see what would happen for a MAC user who pick the ‘Dial In’ option, how would it specify that it was BOTH Mac and PSTN?

If a user initially joined a meeting from their computer, and then dialed in for audio, I believe this would reflect MAC as it was the initial method used to join.

It also doesn’t seem split out the difference join and exit times. If someone is on their computer for an hour, but only listens on the phone for 5 minutes, what values are returned?

To clarify, the device field does not return this level of detail, though it’s a great suggestion. This endpoint can help determine how user joined initially, but doesn’t provide a breakdown of various methods simultaneously.

When you say “Any of the VoIP options would reflect a join by computer audio option, while Phone would reflect a dial-in for audio. This information is returned on Participant level.” Where do I see VOIP in the JSON?

I’m referring to any of the native platform options (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android) where the VOIP option would be the default method for joining. There is not a VOIP option, specifically.

In regards to your ultimate goal of understanding join and leave breakdown based on several connection types, this level of granularity is not currently available. However, I can definitely appreciate your use case and understand why this would be valuable.

Although I realize this is not an immediate solution, I might recommend submitting a feature request for having this type of detail returned by our API here: Feature Requests

Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have additional questions—I’ll be happy to help out however I can!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.