Why is Pre-Approval Required for an Owner / Admin?

Description
I’ve recently had an app published on the Zoom Marketplace. I decided to test the installation flow an additional time on another Zoom Account (not the account that developed the app). This app is an Account-Level app and the intention is to install the application as an Admin/Owner Zoom account. I noticed that when going to the App’s Marketplace Page, even logged in as an owner on the Zoom account, I’m still asked to pre-approve the app before installing.

I couldn’t quite find the right documentation, but shouldn’t this UI allow installation directly without preapproval if I am an owner or an admin? It seems like preapproval restrictions should only apply to regular users?

Which App?

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Navigate to the Marketplace Page for the App as an Account Owner

Hi @anayini,

Thanks for reaching out about this!

To clarify, when you say that “even logged in as an owner on the Zoom account, I’m still asked to pre-approve the app”, are you logged into Zoom under the account that owns the App, or are you logged in under a different account?

Unless you’re logged into Zoom under the account that owns the App, it would be expected that you’ll see this pre-approval, even if you’re an Admin on that other Zoom account (assuming the app hasn’t already been installed or pre-approved on that account).

Let me know if this helps to clarify, or if I’m misunderstanding any part of your question!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.