I want to understand the exact use of zoom start_url(and how it is differ from join_url).
I do understand:
- Start URL is for meeting host to start a meeting. The URL will contain a ZPK section which is used for Zoom web backend to authenticate the host. Start URL should not be shared with anyone except host.
- Join URL is used for meeting attendees. It contains join meeting link along with meeting ID. Everyone can join the meeting as long as he/she has the join URL
What I am more interested in knowing is: If host can start a meeting with join_url - then why we need start_url.
The only difference i know so far is: With start_url host did not need to logs-in to zoom to start a meeting, but with join_url host needs to logs in to zoom to start a meeting.
So host can start a meeting with start_url or join_url.
More specifically: Lets say there is a
- zoom meeting (as m1)
- start_url (as m1_start_url)
- join_url (as m1_join_url)
- host (as m1_host)
- m1_host can start a meeting with m1_start_url without logging-in to zoom.
- m1_host can also start a meeting with m1_join_url but m1_host needs to log-in to zoom to start it.
Is there is any other difference than that, i.e. if host start meeting with join_url(provided host is logged-in before starting meeting): host still has all privileges of that meeting?