Xamarin SDK available?

Are there SDKs (native or Xamarin.Forms) available for Xamarin development? It seems an easy process to produce a DLL for Android:

However it fails for me, probably due to the third item shown here:

1 Like

Hi pete1,

Thanks for the post. Currently we do not have Zoom SDK for Xamarin. I have passed this as a feature request to our engineering team and we will investigate the possibility of supporting Xamarin framework in the future.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I would also find this incredibly useful - at the moment we’ve had to develop two apps (one xamarin forms and one kotlin), and switch the user between them in order to use zoom which gives us quite a lot of overhead. Is there any news on if and when this might be coming @carson.zoom?

Thanks!

Hi a.diament,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK and thanks for sharing the idea. We are still short on demands and resources on Xamarin SDK right now. Our Android SDK works with Kotlin and hope it could help with your Kotlin project.

Thanks!

I have been able to get the android SDK to work on Xamarin. Probably be looking to set it up on Nuget soon if I can get time to clean the parameter names.

@a.diament

2 Likes

Thanks for contributing @stntz! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

1 Like

@stntz that sounds amazing - please do let me know if you put up a nuget.

1 Like

Thanks for your interest!

-Tommy

1 Like

Hi @a.diament it is now up on nuget Xamarin.Android.Zoom for android.
First nuget so let me know if you experience any issues
The github repo is up too but needs a bit of cleanup.
Please do let me know if you have any issues with it.

iOS is not up only because I want to update to the latest SDK but you can pick it up from github if you need

1 Like

Thanks for contributing. Your project is going to save us so much time. A couple of questions, what version of net standard is it compatible with?

@tommy Hello it has been another year. Has there been any movement on this?

@tommy @Caron_Chen Please. In these times Zoom is becoming more popular day by day and more important. I need the Zoom SDK to work on my apps. Xamarin.Forms is so convenient! Please work on it. I hope you take action on this. An official Zoom SDK for Xamarin.Forms with proper documentation would be good.

2 Likes

My team is also really keen on this integration

Perhaps the Zoom team is completely not bothered about what people want, Xamarin is becoming so popular but Zoom is trying to do redirect everyone to its own Apps. Its so tedious because someone has to first download the main app, then the Zoom app. They know that people cannot move away from Zoom and hence these. They can make SDKs for Electron and Ionic but not for Xamarin. I know making SDKs is not a joke but considering a project on a scale as Zoom’s and more than one year has been passed with people requesting it but no response from Zoom.

1 Like

Hello Carson,

Has there been any movement on this in the past 2 years?

Thank you

what is zoom sdk version you use for this package and how to update it to latest zoom sdk

Hello, also here we are very interested into a Xamarin SDK.
Unfortunately the implementation of @stntz (thank you stntz anyway) has become a bit obsolete because the SDK used is the one of 1.5 years ago, and it is not so easy to update it.

Hope the Zoom team is working on this!
Thanks.

Hi @Progotan I have a new branch you can try out for Android? just working on iOS, what platform do you support?

Hi @stntz, well I support only Android at the moment… :frowning:

If you check this branch Xamarin.Forms 5 Branch, does it work for you? a few methods missing, hence no nuget yet.

1 Like