"You cannot install this app." For some users

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
https://zoom.us/oauth/authorize

Description
We are not on the marketplace yet, but we are authorized to have a few users outside our account use the app. Some users are able to connect fine while some are getting “You cannot install this app.” error with no additional information. We have no idea why some users would get that and not others.

Error?
“You cannot install this app”

1 Like

@eng1 does this app have admin scopes and the users trying to install are not admins? also, how many users outside of your account have installed it so far?

we don’t ask for any admin scopes.

We have 13 users connected across almost as many companies/accounts
CleanShot 2023-08-18 at 07.26.26@2x

@eng1 thanks for the information. I am trying to get to the bottom of this. Is this only happening with one user or any more users who are trying to install the app?

Thank you so much for your help!

This is happening with multiple users now. In the first 2 months of being able to share outside our account we never had this problem. Then our ability to share expired, we emailed asking for an extension, it was granted, and now its happening quite a bit. We’ve had new users connect since then, so it really seems random. It does seem to be by company. If one user at a company can connect they all can, if one user gets that error, they all get that error. I just have no idea what the error means or what we’re suppose to do to make it possible to connect.

And if we need to pay for developer support we will do it. We are desperate to fix this.

Same issue here, from last 2 months approx. Waiting for a reliable fix.

Any progress here? We’re pretty blocked. We’re working on getting approved for the marketplace too. Do you think this issue is unique to being approved for use outside my account while not published?

@kwaku.nyante @nigel.hughey can you guys help here?

Hello @ojus.zoom @eng1 @atomdevelopers786 taking a look at this now just to confirm were referring to the same App in the screenshot correct? Or are there multiple apps with this issue?

Regards, Kwaku

Well it sounds like atomdevelopers786 is also having the problem, but I (OP) only have the one app (xtDqIpX_R0y60BdxGPEwew) which is the one in my screenshot